The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

If Tex signs with the Sux and the Orioles didn't step up their offer, I am done with this team for 2009.

Honestly, I might be done with this sport for good. The rich continue to get richer and the small market teams continue to sit at the little kids table.

Frak baseball!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would you match 8 yrs, $23 mm/yr? If that's true, it is getting pretty insane.

I mean 8/160-170 is believed to be the offers by the Nationals and Angels. 8/175 is about right for what we have been hearing. I would offer 8/175 and make Teixeira's choice more difficult. If he walks for an extra million per year then I do not want the boy her. $1 Million per year isn't that much of a hometown discount.

I guess there's a tiny chance that the Sox think this will get it done, but maybe Boras is getting their final offer to bring it to the O's? Man... wishful thinking at this point. Let's pray for a Wieters-style ending.

For some reason when I read your post all I could think of was the song that went: "All I need is a miracle, all I need is you.":D

No. Not even close. If the deal is 8/184, he is taking 30 million more than the O's are offering and going to a place that is going to win for the foreseeable future. Who can really blame him?

That I agree with, but if the money is close or we are higher then that is completely different.

Just want to point out that flying down to Texas from Boston might seem like a big deal to us, but it's nothing to people who make the money these guys do. I was just hearing this weekend about football players who take day long trips to Vegas by air travel, just because they can.

Guest rochester

I believe that it is over if the crew they say is going to Texas is meeting with Boras...and I was at 50/50 this morning...

It shall get interesting....

I wish it was Washington or even LAA... it will be too tough to take in Fenway SOuth...

Just want to point out that flying down to Texas from Boston might seem like a big deal to us, but it's nothing to people who make the money these guys do. I was just hearing this weekend about football players who take day long trips to Vegas by air travel, just because they can.

I don't care that they are in Texas, I want to know why AM is not in Texas

Archived