The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing is Boston media knows what the Sox are up to AT ALL TIMES. The Baltimore media is so clueless (no fault of their's) as to what Andy is up to that all we hear is Boston reports.

We have heard from Roch and Shmuck that Tex was signing with Boston and not signing here. Sounds like they know whats going on.

For the record, I would absolutely beat an 8/$184M deal. I think I'd prefer to go to 8/$192-200M rather than 9/$207M, but either way would still be a contract I'd be willing to give out.

I think if you touch the magic $200M mark, that we'd land him.

I agree completely, the question is do you still think Belkast's info holds true that we'll have the opportunity to match or beat the final offer?

I think we will personally, it makes sense.

One thing's for sure, if we played this at $160MM and never upped our offer and did one of those token effort things that we're famous for then I will be incredibly disappointed, and probably lose faith in the future of this team. No matter how well our farm system pans out, we're still going to have to utilize free agency to some degree to help us get to the next level whenever that time comes.

Again though, I still hold faith. Why would AM, who never lies, say that there's flexibility in the offer if we only made one offer and never intended to up it? I have faith in AM, he's different. Let's hope i'm right.

Here's a question for everybody.. what if Tex signs this 8 year contract, but there's an Opt out after 4-5 years; and in that time Tex get's his world series title, he opts out and once again he's back in the open bidding world. Should the O's go after him then? Can you really blame him for essentially wanting to guarantee a world series win during his career?

No, he would be 33 thus on the downside of his career.

Do you have a name?

Justin Turner? He's not a sure thing, but he's close to the majors.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Justin%20Turner&pos=2B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=457759

http://redsminorleagues.com/category/justin-turner/

There are far worse prospects to trot out on the field. Should start the season in AA, maybe a promotion to AAA in June, could be a September call up. If it's take it or leave it, with B-Rob leaving, I'll definitely take it. :scratchchinhmm:

IMO, Tex never wanted to come here. He used the O's to drive up the price that Boston would have to pay. With the Yanks not interested, with him saying he wanted to be on the east coast, and everyone thinking that there was no way he would sign with the Nats, that left the O's. He said he always wanted to play here and I'm sure Boras kept reminding Boston of that as well. And personally, if he never wears an Oriole uniform, it would be to soon.

Yup...this is what I've been thinking the last couple of days, too. They conveniently let out that they keep going back to the Orioles to Ravech. Very well played by Mr. Boras.

Man, I hope this saga is finally over....it will be just another reason to hate the Sux...can't wait until all the bandwagon Boston fans in this area start going nuts at the game because Tex is a Red Sox....

Have fun being the hired gun and one of many on that team.

Can't say I blame him for wanting to go there though and be immediately competitive...

All along I've said I hope AM has backup plans and that this wasn't a slam dunk deal, and because it's AM, I'm not worried about it.

Archived