Keith Law on Arrieta's ML Projection

Abadie

Great thread. I just wanted to add that I have no problem with Law's projection. If Jake Arrieta does pan out to be a legit #4 starter in the majors and Matusz and Tillman both pan out to be better than that, we'll be very competitive. If Arrieta actually becomes a legit #3... the O's will be back.

And while I'm typing this, someone who is reading this thread and/or contributing is talking with Ken Weinman. It's a good call, by the way.

What does the bolded mean?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does the bolded mean?

Ken Weinman hosts a radio show on 105.7 fm from 8-11pm. It was almost all Orioles talk tonight. It was mostly talk on Teixeira. While I was typing that last post, Weinman had a caller saying:

Tillman and Matusz project as solid #2's.

Arrieta projects as a #3 or #4.

Guthrie will still be there when these guys get there.

O's should sign a #1.

It matched up to this thread too much to be coincidence. For what it's worth, it was presented well.

Ken Weinman hosts a radio show on 105.7 fm from 8-11pm. It was almost all Orioles talk tonight. It was mostly talk on Teixeira. While I was typing that last post, Weinman had a caller saying:

Tillman and Matusz project as solid #2's.

Arrieta projects as a #3 or #4.

Guthrie will still be there when these guys get there.

O's should sign a #1.

It matched up to this thread too much to be coincidence. For what it's worth, it was presented well.

Huh. I guess I'm out of the old loop up here behind enemy lines ;)

Since I saw Arrieta all of last year, I'll go ahead and offer up my opinion of Jake. I think the back injury he suffered really affected his command as his numbers ballooned post-injury, but settled down right before he left for Japan,

If Arrieta went to Japan for the Olympics, he really does have a problem with location...

Archived