The Tigers series

Just Regular

Jonathan Schoop has fallen off to a .427 OPS, but OAA thinks he has been one of the best defensive players in all baseball as it so often happens with 30-year-old second basemen.   You can't predict baseball.

Anyhow, heavens protect us from a Year1 push first month like this.   In the offseason of Hinch, Eduardo and Baez, the common Tigers talking point was in 2021 if you threw out April they were over .500 on the year.

Tarik Skubal at least has been in great form, and stylistically as a lefty with fantastic stuff might today represent a DL Hall scenario we'd be mostly happy with in a couple years.

We're running good, they are not...maybe a reverse lock kind of series.    The good Orioles though I feel collectively are as energized as the board about the next few weeks...it is all house money in 2022, can it get even better?

Rodriguez-Pineda-Skubal as good as it gets for them with other guys down.   Rodriguez-Lyles kind of a 2022 IP $$$/WAR faceoff where we look okay so far, Pineda-Zimmermann still feels to me like it favors them on paper, but go Bruuuce, Wells-Skubal includes Wells once again with the 5-days rest coming off a Personal Best kind of game.   What's next?

Hyde in the postgame presser said Odor was down today with a sinus thing, but hoped for him back tomorrow.    Especially if Mountcastle's day to day gets to Day3, It really seems like the position player group might benefit this weekend from the presence of one more good guy from AAA, but I suppose blueprints are blueprints.    

• Upvote 2

Per Fangraphs, Schoop has one of the largest wOBA/xwOBA discrepancies in the majors.   So, he’s had some bad luck.

One thing I’ve learned in my 55 years as a fan is to never prejudge how a series or a game will go, regardless of whether your team is the supposed favorite or underdog or who’s been hot or cold.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Jonathan Schoop has fallen off to a .427 OPS, but OAA thinks he has been one of the best defensive players in all baseball as it so often happens with 30-year-old second basemen.   You can't predict baseball.

Anyhow, heavens protect us from a Year1 push first month like this.   In the offseason of Hinch, Eduardo and Baez, the common Tigers talking point was in 2021 if you threw out April they were over .500 on the year.

Tarik Skubal at least has been in great form, and stylistically as a lefty with fantastic stuff might today represent a DL Hall scenario we'd be mostly happy with in a couple years.

We're running good, they are not...maybe a reverse lock kind of series.    The good Orioles though I feel collectively are as energized as the board about the next few weeks...it is all house money in 2022, can it get even better?

Rodriguez-Pineda-Skubal as good as it gets for them with other guys down.   Rodriguez-Lyles kind of a 2022 IP $$$/WAR faceoff where we look okay so far, Pineda-Zimmermann still feels to me like it favors them on paper, but go Bruuuce, Wells-Skubal includes Wells once again with the 5-days rest coming off a Personal Best kind of game.   What's next?

Hyde in the postgame presser said Odor was down today with a sinus thing, but hoped for him back tomorrow.    Especially if Mountcastle's day to day gets to Day3, It really seems like the position player group might benefit this weekend from the presence of one more good guy from AAA, but I suppose blueprints are blueprints.    

I love these posts. 

The Orioles have still only been the Vegas betting favorite two times all season -- the second game of the doubleheader Sunday, and Monday vs KC.   And we won both times.

Detroit is favored tomorrow night.   And might be in all 3 games, although maybe the betting public is starting to gain enough respect for Zimmermann to make it close Saturday.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Per Fangraphs, Schoop has one of the largest wOBA/xwOBA discrepancies in the majors.   So, he’s had some bad luck.

One thing I’ve learned in my 55 years as a fan is to never prejudge how a series or a game will go, regardless of whether your team is the supposed favorite or underdog or who’s been hot or cold.   

Wise words! I thought we were toast in the Cards series. 

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ve not learned that lesson. We should take 2/3. 😎

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Knowing the Orioles and the past 22 years, this is the kind of series we come into confidently, and wind up getting swept in.  Hope I'm wrong.