Saturday afternoon: Zimmerman takes on the Tigers

SteveA

Just now, tntoriole said:

Get out the brooms .. being a good player not only means having skills, it means having a strong constitution, showing up for 160 games is as important as skills 

we seemingly have some of the most fragile young players ever .. 

Takes a strong constitution to sit through 160 of these games as a fan.

• Haha 2

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

If it was Buck we could point to him wanting to stretch guys out but Hyde doesn't do that.

You stretch guys who seem to still be pitching well.   Zimmermann struggled badly in the 6th and was lucky not to give up any runs.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

You stretch guys who seem to still be pitching well.   Zimmermann struggled badly in the 6th and was lucky not to give up any runs.  

I'm not arguing.  I didn't like it when Buck did it.

I like my relief pitchers coming in to start the inning.  To me it gives them the best chance to succeed.

Just now, Frobby said:

I have to wonder if for some reason a reliever or two isn’t available today who you would think would be. I really don’t grasp this. The man gave them 6 innings. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm just quoting this so there is a record in case you feel remorse later and edit it.  😉

I allow myself some liberties in the game thread.  I say a lot worse than that at home when I’m watching a game.  But I try to be diplomatic on the discussion boards.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Another stinky at bat by Odor.  

Another Elias/Sig pickup that was worthless. The "system" sure doesn't seem to find guys that aren't done. Franco last year and Odor this year. If he keeps getting run out there it's going to say a lot about Elias's ability to admit mistakes.