Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oriofan8

Could it be as simple as this?...:scratchchinhmm:

Tex wants to play in Baltimore...AM and Boras/Tex have an agreement that when the dust settles that the Orioles will match their best offer. "Go get your BEST deal....and we'll MATCH it !! "

.....Probably not. :rolleyes:

Can you tell I'm in the car business ???

Theo Epstein (quoted in November)

"In baseball, if you convince yourself you need a certain player, you’ve already lost. One player doesn’t have that much impact. It’s about building organizations. It’s not about adding players.

“There’s no player you can have to make up for an inherent weakness in the organization—a foundational weakness. You need to build the foundation up where you don’t need that one player. Yeah, you can pursue that player. He may be a great fit. But if it doesn’t work out or if the money gets ridiculous, you can turn to another player.”

http://www.weei.com/For-Red-Sox-and-Teixeira--Sound-and-Fury-Signify-B/3523486

Yes, but when in the process of building or re-building an organization you do it one piece at a time, and Tex is a major piece of our puzzle that we are trying to put together is he the only piece no, a major piece yes!

Here is the way I am thinking. I don't believe he is going to the Angels due to the fact he wants to play on the East Coast. I think the Sox are really out of it. That comes down to the Nats and us. With Tex saying before he cares about winning, I think that takes the Nats out of the picture. That brings it back to us. Tex has stated he wants to be here. I think he is an Oriole as early as today, no later then Sunday. That's my opinion. Of course it doesn't hurt, that I have been hearing positive things all along. Again, guarded optimism due to being burned before. However everything that has happened so far has been pretty much in line with the information that I have heard. We'll see........

Thanks Belkast! You and JTrea have been the most positive through all of this even when things looked bad.

Here is the way I am thinking. I don't believe he is going to the Angels due to the fact he wants to play on the East Coast. I think the Sox are really out of it. That comes down to the Nats and us. With Tex saying before he cares about winning, I think that takes the Nats out of the picture. That brings it back to us. Tex has stated he wants to be here. I think he is an Oriole as early as today no later then Sunday. That's my opinion. Of course it doesn't hurt that I have been hearing positive things all along. Again, guarded optimism due to be burned before. However, so far everything that has happened so far has been pretty much in line with the information that I have heard. We'll see........

Belky any chance we do a 3 for 1:

Tex (Best 1st baseman for the O's since Raffy.)

Lowe (Steady innings eater for 4 years 12 per.)

Veritek (Leader and perfect person to teach Weiters the way to handle a staff and call a game. Say 2 for 16 with the understanding he is a backup/mentor after the allstar break?)

I know this is crazy but I am just so damn giddy right now that my mind is acting all kind of weird!!

Could it be as simple as this?...:scratchchinhmm:

Tex wants to play in Baltimore...AM and Boras/Tex have an agreement that when the dust settles that the Orioles will match their best offer. "Go get your BEST deal....and we'll MATCH it !! "

.....Probably not. :rolleyes:

Can you tell I'm in the car business ???

Do you think the O's could get a bumper-to-bumper warranty on Tex?

If the price is as significant as it sounds. i think i would defintitely pass. Offense is no nearly the problem that pitching is, and taking on a contract this big is going to significantly hamper our flexibility in other areas. I dont think we are still in it. I think he is going to end up a Nat, and I think that contract will cripple them. Tex is good, but he ain't Mariners A-Rod good... Just my thoughts.

I agree and think he will sign with the Nats--they will offer him the most money

I disagree about it hampering them. It doesn't matter. If it doesn't work out, the Nats can always trade him for 5 prospects down the road

Ppl keep saying Petey won't lose to DC, but don't you think a little payback to the man who tried to keep baseball out of DC could inspire just as much competition from Lerner?

I still do not see the reason for Henry to shoot an email out stating they are out of the race.

Seems to me to be a ploy by Boston.

What ploy? ... It makes no sense to announce this unless you really are out of it.

I hope the Sox are actually out of the bidding - and this could very much be the case. On the other hand, it does make sense that Boston released this to the national media via email to try and call their bluff and accept their top offer, if Tex really wanted to play in Boston.... forcing Boras' hand if you will. Of course, they responding by issuing their own e-mail saying that Tex was eliminating teams. Again, that could be truthful, or it could be putting pressure on the Sox to get back in the game and make their best offer, if they really want Tex.

I think either scenario is equally plausible. Simple postering, or plain truth.

Because we are playing the "Angels-Vlad" role in this and are going to come out of nowhere and land him...

MacPhail would announce that we are out if we were out.

We could be lurking in the wings, or equally possible, we may have moved on. Again, we don't know anything for sure. It's just hundreds of pages of speculation... hopefully we get to the truth of the matter soon.

While I guess I agree with that, it is a stretch to assume that all three will be settled in and ready. They might pitch due to a lack of options but that is not necesarrily a good thing. I would say the odds of all of them being successful at 30%, the chance of one of them being successful at 85% and the likelihood of two at 56%. Also success isnt defined by a year. Mark Prior was pretty good and then sucked after year two.

It's more than the big 3. We have 15 or so starters that could, maybe develop into serviceable or even above average ML starters. That's why you stockpile pitching. It's unpredictable and nobody knows whats going to happen. Matusz could bust and Tillman could turn into Tom Seaver. You never know, but pitching is even unpredictable from year to year so you keep a ton of them and push the odds in your favor.

The Examiner has a decent article on the way ESPN has handled the situation.

Mark Teixeira not signing with Boston, ESPN begrudgingly admits

What has me rolling on the floor though is that there is a big picture of Gammons in the article, and the quote below it says: "Not pictured: Peter Gammons' Red Sox underwear."

:rofl::rofl::clap3::clap3:

I love the Examiner...

Archived