Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I realize I only have about 850-ish posts so I don't have a lot of room to talk. But you're going to have to learn who to pick your battles with around here. Just saying...careful.

I've been a lurker here for years and have worked for the Hangout, just posting now because of the craziness of the Tex things.

I know my baseball, and I'm right about Burnett not being an All-Star caliber pitcher. Not saying it's impossible he could have a great season and wind up on the team, but all those pitchers I listed are better.

Right now, he's nowhere close to being an All-Star. Sorry for the thread hi-jack.

What are you basing this on?? Before this past season many of us would have put Bedard on this list and now he is no where to be found? All these knee jerk reactions are a bit much. Burnett has GREAT stuff' date=' i'm not sure where he ranks on the list of best pitchers but please don't act like your the know all and be all of great pitchers. It changes every year (Cliff Lee was in the minors this time last year by they way).[/quote']

Bedard could make the list as well, but he's going to miss a good deal of next season.

Sigh...you have a lot to learn.

Why go antagonize another team's fansite with how much better your offer is for Tex and how great your underperforming MiL bums are? Go back to Nats hangout or whatever you guys post on, it's getting old.

I am not atogonizing at all. You just may not like everything you hear.

And that team will be proven to be the Orioles IMO, who nobody thought had increased their official offer...

I have to agree with you here. We reportedly met with them over the past weekend. The wow offer was upwards of 9/200 if Belkast and Sonny are to be believed. We may not have officially offered it but I have no doubt Boras has a good idea of the parameters of it. Boston just took themselves out. We have no reports of Boras meeting with LAA or the Gnats recently. So I have to think that the best offer is the O's.

I've been a lurker here for years and have worked for the Hangout, just posting now because of the craziness of the Tex things.

I know my baseball, and I'm right about Burnett not being an All-Star caliber pitcher. Not saying it's impossible he could have a great season and wind up on the team, but all those pitchers I listed are better.

Right now, he's nowhere close to being an All-Star. Sorry for the thread hi-jack.

I don't doubt your knowledge for one second, I believe most members of the hangout are well versed. I just believe coming out and telling someone they are "just wrong" is a bit harsh, that's all. Didn't mean any harm by my post. :D

So you're basing your confidence in the President of the Nationals on the fact that he was the President of another baseball team that's not the Nationals?

No, I am basing my confidence on the fact that the man has a track record around the Braves and I'll take his knowledge over yours .

Archived