Saturday, May 21: A new era in Orioles history begins

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It was the bribe MLB gave Angelos to not fight the Expos moving to DC.

Or as I like to put it to my Northern Virginia in-laws, the act of the Baltimore Baseball Franchise that allowed their Nationals to be born.    They really shouldn't complain/litigate about honoring the rights fees they agreed to give the lion's share to the Orioles to for a good long time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because Lerner was worth 3B at the time.

Should have moved them to Tennessee. I think that would be a great place for a baseball team. Would like to see the Rays go there if they move. I do not want to another team go to Canada. Especially, Quebec. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

They got funds for a new stadium from DC, and I believe the commissioner and other owners wanted a team in DC to hurt Angelos. 

I don't think they care enough about Angelos for that.

I think they could just get more money moving the team there.

Just now, Beysbol said:

Should have moved them to Tennessee. I think that would be a great place for a baseball team. Would like to see the Rays go there if they move. I do not want to another team go to Canada. Especially, Quebec. 

Should have kept them in Montreal. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

They got funds for a new stadium from DC, and I believe the commissioner and other owners wanted a team in DC to hurt Angelos. 

Again, that doesn't surprise me. I really wish he hadn't of bought this team. Turned this once great franchise into a complete disaster. Just to make more money and not give a crap about baseball. 

• Upvote 1