Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Tex said that going to college instead of signing with the Red Sox was a "blessing in disguise? So, the Red Sox were the impetus that started him on his way to the fine career he has enjoyed?

I predict he will sign with the Red Sox for less than $20m per year out of sheer gratitude for the large part they have already played in his life!

::clap3:

So Tex said that going to college instead of signing with the Red Sox was a "blessing in disguise? So, the Red Sox were the impetus that started him on his way to the fine career he has enjoyed?

I predict he will sign with the Red Sox for less than $20m per year out of sheer gratitude for the large part they have already played in his life!

::clap3:

You make me laugh!

Yeah, but at that point I don't believe the Orioles were really in the business of drafting signability picks then throwing dollars at them.

What a stupid way of doing business that was! That's like saying we want to sign the cheapest player possible so to hell with stocking the minor leagues with prospects who might actually make it to the big club one day.

It's amazing that we've had a top 10 draft pick for the past 10 years of so and what do we have to show for it? Markakis? Now possibly Weiters if he turns out to be the stud he is suppose to be.

So 2 out of our 10 top 10 picks of turned into every day Major Leaguers! Can we let Ozzie Newsome draft for the Orioles? lol

So 2 out of our 10 top 10 picks of turned into every day Major Leaguers! Can we let Ozzie Newsome draft for the Orioles? lol
I'm not gonna even begin to argue that the Orioles have done a good job of drafting over the past decade plus, but only something like 50% of 1st round draft picks ever even reach the majors, yet alone become regulars.

Its the most inexact science in any major sporting draft.

Yeah I played against him and Gavin Floyd, and it was really easy just to tell that they had "it". The game just looked effortless to them.

Sorry to go OT for a sec, but...is that weird for you? To see this guy that you played a long time ago become a superstar who's the focus of national attention?

I'm not gonna even begin to argue that the Orioles have done a good job of drafting over the past decade plus, but only something like 50% of 1st round draft picks ever even reach the majors, yet alone become regulars.

Its the most inexact science in any major sporting draft.

Tampa Bay seems to have it down to a Science. When is the last time they had a 1st round bust?

Wade Townsend? Did they take him in the 1st?

Tampa Bay seems to have it down to a Science. When is the last time they had a 1st round bust?

Wade Townsend? Did they take him in the 1st?

Yes.

Before that was Dewon Brazelton, Jason Standridge, and Paul Wilder. So four first round busts in 12 or 13 years.

But it definitely helps picking in the top 10 and especially top 5 almost every year. They have done a very poor job in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, for example, just like most teams.

I just don't get why Olney and ESPN aren't jumping all over the Tex coming home story... well I DO get it, but it's just annoying.... you know?

Its safer to keep including the Sox in this. If they kept saying he would go to the O's and than signed with Boston it would look bad. But Boston is a safer bet since they are a contender and if Tex sign with the O's, it will be what the Sox didnt do right to get Tex, rather than how did the O's get Tex. Plus the O's will get bashed anyhow.

Archived