Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

From that same article, the Rays are not standing still and Friedman is going to make them that much stronger. I really envy the management team they have there.

I love the article he links to Mark Teixeira saga drags on as Scott Boras looks for that 'One Dumb Owner'

Steinbrenner, Angelos, Henry, Lerner, or someone from left field? Who is going to step up and separate themesleves from the pack and end up being that one dumb owner?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From that same article, the Rays are not standing still and Friedman is going to make them that much stronger. I really envy the management team they have there.

I love the article he links to Mark Teixeira saga drags on as Scott Boras looks for that 'One Dumb Owner'

Steinbrenner, Angelos, Henry, Lerner, or someone from left field? Who is going to step up and separate themesleves from the pack and end up being that one dumb owner?

At this point, you don't have to be dumb it appears...8/176 is liable to get this done...unless the Nats jump in at the last minute.

To me, this is down to the O's and Sox, with the O's having the advantage.

I fully believe the Angels when they say they're out, just because they're on the West Coast. I fully believe the Nats when they say they have no shot - they don't have any advantage for Tex if the O's match their offer. The only way the Nats have an advantage is if they offer the most money. And I don't feel like the Yanks will pull the trigger on giving out a big contract.

It would be ironic if this is a case of Boras using the Angels, Red Sox and Yankees to get more money from the Nats and O's, considering that it's always been the other way around.

To me, this is down to the O's and Sox, with the O's having the advantage.

I fully believe the Angels when they say they're out, just because they're on the West Coast. I fully believe the Nats when they say they have no shot - they don't have any advantage for Tex if the O's match their offer. The only way the Nats have an advantage is if they offer the most money. And I don't feel like the Yanks will pull the trigger on giving out a big contract.

It would be ironic if this is a case of Boras using the Angels, Red Sox and Yankees to get more money from the Nats and O's, considering that it's always been the other way around.

There wasn't any other way he was going to get Tex top dollar to return home, was there?

At this point, you don't have to be dumb it appears...8/176 is liable to get this done...unless the Nats jump in at the last minute.

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that I disagree that 8/176 isn't dumb, but that is neither here nor there as I know most have a much higher threshold for how much money to hand over to a ~.900ish OPS first baseman.

But really, I only think 8/176 gets it done if Teix lacks paitence... There is plenty of time to drag things out and I still think he can get it up to 200m unless he's unwilling to let it drag on past XMas or the new year.

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that I disagree that 8/176 isn't dumb, but that is neither here nor there and I know most have a much higher threshold for a ~.900ish OPS first baseman.

But really, I only think 8/176 gets it done if Teix lacks paitence... There is plenty of time to drag things out and I still think he can get it up to 200m unless he's unwilling to let it drag on past XMas or the new year.

What leads you to that conclusion? Teams are dropping out and saying they won't be a factor, won't likely win the bidding, or saying they wouldn't want to get in over 8/160? It seems like the market is starting to close up?

Boras came out in one report and said 8/195 gets it done. But the next day other reports were saying Boras was looking for 8/180s. I feel like that is well supported by what the Nats said and the Angels withdrawing. Something in the 170s should get it done. Wasn't the Sox offer supposed to be 165-170?

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that I disagree that 8/176 isn't dumb, but that is neither here nor there as I know most have a much higher threshold for how much money to hand over to a ~.900ish OPS first baseman.

I agree with this 100%... but I'm pretty sure it'll be done before Christmas.

What leads you to that conclusion? Teams are dropping out and saying they won't be a factor, won't likely win the bidding, or saying they wouldn't want to get in over 8/160? It seems like the market is starting to close up?

Boras came out in one report and said 8/195 gets it done. But the next day other reports were saying Boras was looking for 8/180s. I feel like that is well supported by what the Nats said and the Angels withdrawing. Something in the 170s should get it done. Wasn't the Sox offer supposed to be 165-170?

I believe in Boras' greatness, I believe he'll find that one dumb owner. I see a lot of the so called dropping out as posturing.

Archived