Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all this speculation is there really any team going after Tex?:confused:

The Angels say they are out.

The Red Sox say they are out. yeah sure!!

The Yankees are not yet in.

The Nationals do not like their chances.

The National media wrote the O's off.

Tex is going to play close to home for the York Pa. Ind. league team. Boras is getting him 5K per month plus 100$ in Burger King coupons.

I believe in Boras' greatness, I believe he'll find that one dumb owner. I see a lot of the so called dropping out as posturing.

He may not need a dumb owner as much as a terrible GM who has the ear of an owner.

That's what is scary about Jim Bowden and the Nats.

Kevin Towers on Bowden, "The guy's an idiot. I won't take his calls, and I don't think many others do."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ti-teixeira122108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

O's considering 8th year. Red Sox have not talked to Boras since Henry's email.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AoAn0tXQtblgJgRQtfqaBP0RvLYF?slug=ge-redsoxteixeira121808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"The Boston Red Sox have offered free agent Mark Teixeira an eight-year deal worth a tick under $170 million, a source with knowledge of the negotiations said Saturday. So, if agent Scott Boras was truthful two days ago in a meeting with Red Sox brass, either the Angels, Orioles or Nationals have an offer on the table for $170 million or more."

Alright, people, I see the Angels have dropped out. Now as they say, it's down to three. And from the earlier "source" that the Nationals are out of it too, it's down to two. Orioles and Red Sox. So we will see tomorrow or whenever.

Where is that link/post located?

Alright, people, I see the Angels have dropped out. Now as they say, it's down to three. And from the earlier "source" that the Nationals are out of it too, it's down to two. Orioles and Red Sox. So we will see tomorrow or whenever.

The Nats aren't out, they just don't expect Tex to sign with them. Olney reported earlier that the Yanks had a deal, but they withdrew it for the time being because management is divided.

The Nats aren't out, they just don't expect Tex to sign with them. Olney reported earlier that the Yanks had a deal, but they withdrew it for the time being because management is divided.

Yeah, sorry. That's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying.

The Angels say they are out.

The Red Sox say they are out. yeah sure!!

The Yankees are not yet in.

The Nationals do not like their chances.

The National media wrote the O's off.

Tex is going to play close to home for the York Pa. Ind. league team. Boras is getting him 5K per month plus 100$ in Burger King coupons.

Haha, I would go to every Revs game if that happened.

If the O's are considering seven years for a player of Tex's caliber, why not just add one more year?

I'm sure they will add an eighth year in the end, but in the scheme of things, is one additional year going to hurt the team?

As Belkast said several threads ago... NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS

As Tex is in elimination mode, the last thing we want right now is news. Thankfully, the Sox, Nats, and Angels are stealing all the headlines and dropping like flies.

It appears it's between the bluffing Red Sox, the still offer-less Yankees and the tight lipped lurking Orioles.

Who would have thought Andy's silence technique would work so well ;)

As Belkast said several threads ago... NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS

As Tex is in elimination mode, the last thing we want right now is news. Thankfully, the Sox, Nats, and Angels are stealing all the headlines and dropping like flies.

It appears it's between the bluffing Red Sox, the still offer-less Yankees and the tight lipped lurking Orioles.

Who would have thought Andy's silence technique would work so well ;)

:rofl::rofl: GREAT descriptions of each team. I suggest "still offer-less but extremely stupid Yankees"

Archived