Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Pretty much everyone on here accepts that we have perenially sucked for over a decade now, and I don't think anyone on here gets too angry over opposing fans saying so much. (we even comment on it frequently.) My problem with that type of Red Sox fan is how quickly they have forgotten how unsuccessful their team was for the greater part of a century. A lot of Sox fans to me have become like soo many Yankees fans; snooty, stuck up and full of theirselves.

Those are the "fans" as of 2004.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK...I know this came up earlier....

It now appears as if the Yanks are going to offer Manny a 3/75 contract. Does that make Boston's offer go up?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/impacto-deporti.html

I doubt this presses Boston...CC and Burnett likely would have already done that.

I still think Boston is better than NY, even if the Yanks get Manny.

The Yankees defense is going to be bad.

It now appears as if the Yanks are going to offer Manny a 3/75 contract. Does that make Boston's offer go up?

Boston doesn't need to react to a Manny signing and I think all along they knew NYY would get Manny. Heck he wanted to play there while he was with the Red Sox...

I don't think they up their offer. I wouldn't be surprised if they were already eliminated but are hanging around to make the Orioles pay more...

It wouldn't shock me to see Boston go after Jake Peavy next...

I never said you can't do those things. I simply said I don't agree with it. I personally think it is childish. If Roy calls the Yankees a certain name, that's on him - doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Actually, I believe in respecting rivals, not hating them.

Wish I had five positive reps to give for this instead of one. That sort of thing sounds like rec.sports.baseball c. 1993.

Tex will likely choose the team he wants to play for and Boras will work the deal with that team...

In negotiations the one who speaks first normally loses. If what AM is stating to the media about their offer being flexible is all that he has communicated to Boras, AM has left open quite a big grey area. With that in mind as long as AM holds strong and does not get into a bidding war he will have the last say. Thats if Teix really wants to be an Oriole.

The original link from Deportivo http://www.impactodeportivo.com.do/?op=displaystory&story_id=4836&format=html

If this plays out (which seems given the comments in all of the NY papers that it will) the Manny along with the pitching signings btw make the NYY pretty formdiable for the next 2-3 years before they get old.

From a Tex perspective this news would seem to again bring things back to the O's and Sox.

Interesting thought - -

MLBTradeRumors mentions that Boras always has a 'mystery' team involved in the process.

Is there really a team with a $200MM+ offer on the table for Mark Teixeira? Chass isn't so sure. It seems that Boras always has a "mystery team" in on the negotiations, but his client never seems to sign there... Don't count the Red Sox out just yet.

I've not heard a single thing about the Orioles, aside from 1) Tex may want to go home and 2) the Orioles are out of it - courtesy of our friends at ESPN.

I'm starting to believe the mystery team is the Orioles. McPhail has been very stand offish regarding it - repeatedly given non-responses when asked. Low media value, but brilliant manuevering if this was McPhail's intent.

This is bad, this is real bad.:eek:

No it isn't, if the Yanks were not out then they are now. The Red Sox could go get Dunn and Sheets/Lowe and equal the Yankees on paper. I do not see Teixeira playing in Washington over Baltimore IMO. It would likely require the Nationals to offer a 8/190 deal and I doubt they do that. It's between the Red Sox and Orioles at this point. If the Orioles do not up their offer to 8 years, they never had real interest in Teixeira. They just wanted to show the fans they tried.

So...

Angles pull their offer for Tex. They suspect he has no intentions to sign there and think they are being used to drive up the price.

Yankees going after Manny, singing imminent.

Washington FO peeps say they dont think they will sign Tex.

Red Sox are out of it, then in it. Final offer is still the one believed to be from Thursday night.

Orioles say they are flexible. Media reports say they havent moved off their initial offer....

hmmmmmm.............

Archived