Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

LOLOL.....just got a CRAZY thought!

The Yankees are opening a new stadium, and missed the playoffs for the first time in um-teen years....they just spent a bundle on pitching, essentially going all out and bidding against themselves for one of them, showing no restraint and no fiscal responsibility.

So, is it really beyond them to go after BOTH Tex and Manny? Getting both players would pretty much put them in the playoffs and give them a WS ring. Boras represents both of them, so whos to say he isnt trying to ship them both there!

Its a crazy thought, but honestly, I dont put ANYTHING past the Yankees.

Isn't there a limit to the number of type A free agents they can sign in one off season? For some reason the number 3 means something to me, but now I am not sure.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the fear of being shunned by the baseball world, I believe they will refrain.

Shunned by everyone except for their fans LOL!

Its safe to say its a HUGE long shot to happen, but like I said, when it comes to the Yankees, nothing shocks me. Nothing.

It would be cool if it happened, and then the Rays beat up on them all year, and put them out of the playoffs, sweeping them.

I think Im getting delirious! Too much staying up and watching the boards and news!!!! This thing needs to end!

I know it's off topic, but for all of the "I hope we don't sign Looper" Crowd, MLBtraderumors reported that he is close to signing with the Brewers.

To seg-way back on topic any chance that negotiating for Tex will cost us our chance to get the rotation together, or is it commonly believed, that after Tex is done (regardless of where he signs) that the rest of the FA will sign quickly. (especially pitching, since ST is really less then 2 months away....wow time flies)

Isn't there a limit to the number of type A free agents they can sign in one off season? For some reason the number 3 means something to me, but now I am not sure.

Found something.....this says that the number is actually based on the players that file for free agency/players in the free agent pool

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/10/free-agent-quot.html

LOLOL.....just got a CRAZY thought!

The Yankees are opening a new stadium, and missed the playoffs for the first time in um-teen years....they just spent a bundle on pitching, essentially going all out and bidding against themselves for one of them, showing no restraint and no fiscal responsibility.

So, is it really beyond them to go after BOTH Tex and Manny? Getting both players would pretty much put them in the playoffs and give them a WS ring. Boras represents both of them, so whos to say he isnt trying to ship them both there!

Its a crazy thought, but honestly, I dont put ANYTHING past the Yankees.

If there are 14 or less such Players, no Club may sign more than one Type A or B Player. If there are from 15 to 38 such Players, no Club may sign more than two Type A or B Players. If there are from 39 to 62 such Players, no Club may sign more than three Type A or B Players. If there are more than 62 such Players, the Club quotas shall be increased accordingly. There shall be no restrictions on the number of unranked Players that a Club may sign to contracts.

They can't sign more than 3 Type A free agents this year.

Thats a good question. I have no clue! Anyone else know???

A blurb I found stating the rules of signing FA

"If there are 14 or fewer Type A or Type B free agents available, no team can sign more than one type A or B player. If there are between 15-38, no team can sign more than two. If there are between 39 and 62, there's a limit of three. However, teams can sign as many Type A or B free agents as they've lost, regardless of the limits above."

Actually because they will lose type A FA they can sign more then the 3 that was mentioned in previous posts.

So they are most likely trying to decide on Tex or Manny at this point. I guess. Even though the reports are saying they want Manny. I think Boras called them to see if they would bite, and thus driving the price for Tex up even more.

"If there are 14 or fewer Type A or Type B free agents available, no team can sign more than one type A or B player. If there are between 15-38, no team can sign more than two. If there are between 39 and 62, there's a limit of three. However, teams can sign as many Type A or B free agents as they've lost, regardless of the limits above."

Never mind I was beaten to the Punch...........as I tend to be:rolleyes:

Nah, I think all three of us posted a pretty much the same time, so Id say it was a tie ;)

Actually because they will lose type A FA they can sign more then the 3 that was mentioned in previous posts.

Yeah I just saw that.

Figured Id try this Rep thing, so I gave you one for this post!

btw.....what does that whole thing mean anyway???

However, teams can sign as many Type A or B free agents as they've lost, regardless of the limits above."

How many Type A/B free agents did the Yankees lose? Does this rule mean a team is allowed to sign as many as they lose (a team loses 4, they can sign 4) or they are allowed to sign the limit plus how many they lost (a team loses 2, limit is 3 that year, they can sign 5)? The rule doesn't include any specific examples to clear this up, but I interpreted it as the first one.

Archived