Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I know, I know.....

I forgot one more thing too FLK..a real priority, over and above signing Tex. Getting my first rep bird! ;)

I'd spread some Christmas spirit for your wonderful list...but, I must spread some rep around first. ;)

Since I can't help with that item on your list, I'll get started on ending famine.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd spread some Christmas spirit for your wonderful list...but, I must spread some rep around first. ;)

Since I can't help with that item on your list, I'll get started on ending famine.

Are you air lifting Froot Loops to Ethiopia...or just stuffing your face? :eek::D

I honestly would not be surprised to see this go well into January. The remaining free agents will just have to sit back and wait until this fiasco is over with.

Certainly a possibility. Is Boras Manny's agent as well? I wonder if LA will make a final offer/push that will force his hand and once he is signed somewhere other than NY, Boston may lessen their aggressiveness for Teix.

I don't think there's any reason to blame Teixeira, or even Boras for that matter, for anything. This really hasn't taken much longer than a standard negotiation over a big-name FA. It just seems that way because the media, which really has no idea about what's going on, continues to insist that a deal is imminent. I mean, Gammons has said that deal would completed within 24 hours what, 3 times now?

I also think people are putting waaaaayyyy to much stock in Tex's "I'd like to know where I'll be by Christmas" statement. It's not like he's going to tell Boras to just cave in and give him a deal because Dec. 25th magically rolls around. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it end before that as well, but I'm not convinced that's going to happen.

I agree, you make a good point. I guess it's more of a big deal for me because other then the Bedard trade i did'nt pay this close attention to a situation. I been let down the last 11 years and i think a signing of this staure will be a bit of a boost for the franchise and the fans. As most i want it to end but want it to end in our favor. When i get caught up listening to ESPN, Gammons, Olney, and whoever else it tends to get a bit out of hand. I guess we might as well just wait it out. But keeping positive i hope Teix calls SB and says get this done with the O's today.

When this all started, I was not really sure if signing Tex to this huge contract would hurt or help the Orioles long term...

I was questioning where the franchise is now, and how long into his contract will be ready to compete.

But after this whole fiasco, I have noticed regular everyday people talking about the Orioles again with real excitement in their voices.

I have noticed people while working in department stores, or at mall kiosks, even people in Comcast....all talking Orioles and what it would mean to them to be good again.

This city and the state of Maryland truly loves the Orioles deep down somewhere in their beings.

Just the thought of signing this guy is eliciting hope in people who I would never characterize normally as Orioles fans.

We just simply have to get this done, for now and into the future.

There is just no excuse to not see this thing through to the end. Economically and competitivevely, failure is not an option in this sweepstakes!!!

Archived