Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy Yankee bias batman. How does this open doors for the Yankees and not anyone else? How does this open doors at all? The Yankees have been free to make whatever bid they want for Teixeira all this time; it's not as if the Angels we're somehow crowding out a maximum amount of bids accepted. Am I missing something, or is this just extremely biased/uneducated sports journalism? :angryfire:

Its a New York article with a New York spin. Why wouldn't they mention the Yankees?

Holy Yankee bias batman. How does this open doors for the Yankees and not anyone else? How does this open doors at all? The Yankees have been free to make whatever bid they want for Teixeira all this time; it's not as if the Angels we're somehow crowding out a maximum amount of bids accepted. Am I missing something, or is this just extremely biased/uneducated sports journalism? :angryfire:

He makes a lot of sense for the Yankees...they can afford him...Cashman works in secret....they are definately a player.

That's a Yankees beat writer... so that'd make sense.

Again.....The SOX ARE STILL IN IT!!!!

It is the Sox, DC and Orioles.

The reported offers are:

Orioles: 7/140-150

Boston: 8/165-170

DC: 8/160

People need to stop throwing out other things that aren't true....It is how all these false rumors get going.

I dont mean to sound rude but, show us a link where the Sox have actually came out and said that they were still in it... the last thing reported DIRECTLY FROM THE FRONT OFFICE was that they believed that they weren't going to be a factor. Anything other than that it's just speculation from the media.

Dont get me wrong, I think the Sox are still in it as well. But until I see something that came directly from the Sox FO that contradicts the owners email from last week I have to believe they're not in it.

Other than the "flexible" comment, has there been any word on the O's upping their offer?

Nope, but when was the last time AM let anyone know what was going on before it happened (think Bedard and Tejada trades last year, they both kind of caught us by surprise).

I didn't know it was a Yankee news report. I just saw "Newsday" and didn't open the article. I took his article as saying "oh hey, great.. the Angels are gone, all problems solved-- here Tex, sign the bottom of this contract".

Well now hold on, what about the other three teams who all made significantly higher bids than the Angels (at least two anyway)?

Is anyone concerned that we have not publicly upped our offer? I mean, why even leak an initial offer if we haven't leaked an upped offer?

AM doesn't want to negotiate through the media. All that would do is give any other team public knowledge of what our offer is and they can beat it (not that SB isn't shopping it around already). But it's just not smart to negotiate through the media.

Archived