Some Os players will miss the Toronto series

Sports Guy

Due to the COVID rules in Canada and some of the Os players not vaccinated, some players will not be able to make the trip.

Akin is likely one.  An interesting one is probably Santander, who I believe was on the list last year.  Does Stowers get the call for the weekend series?

The Os will certainly need some guys up.  Apparently it will be multiple players,

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chaka Garcia said:

Love my O’s, but why wouldn’t these players not get the vaccine unless it’s health related?

I don’t think we need to go down that road in this thread.  

Just  more of who gets brought up and how many spots will we have to fill?

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Due to the COVID rules in Canada and some of the Os players not vaccinated, some players will not be able to make the trip.

Akin is likely one.  An interesting one is probably Santander, who I believe was on the list last year.  Does Stowers get the call for the weekend series?

The Os will certainly need some guys up.  Apparently it will be multiple players,

Just a minor correction, it's not the "weekend" series, it's next week.  @KC this weekend.

This is not just about this series.   The O's play 10 games in Toronto this year.  That's 10 games without certain players.    That is pretty significant.

And what do the O's have to do?  Do they have to option these players for 10 days.   What if they have no options?

The O's are not the only team that is dealing with this.  What are other teams doing about it?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

This is not just about this series.   The O's play 10 games in Toronto this year.  That's 10 games without certain players.    That is pretty significant.

The O's are not the only team that is dealing with this.  What are other teams doing about it?

I think most of them have rosters with players that are able to play in Canada.

For instance the Yankees didn't have this problem.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

It's been case-by-case. Boston had two pitchers put on the restricted list, Minnesota had to replace four players (including Max Kepler), while the Yankees took a more practical solution and had their couple holdouts get vaccinated shortly before the trip, so they played with their roster intact.

3 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

It's been case-by-case. Boston had two pitchers put on the restricted list, Minnesota had to replace four players (including Max Kepler), while the Yankees took a more practical solution and had their couple holdouts get vaccinated shortly before the trip, so they played with their roster intact.

Thanks.  Sounds like its up to the O's to set a policy for the team.