Friday, July 8: O's try to make it 6 in a row on Floppy Hat Night

SteveA

Wow, if Adley now catching, I like the insertion for Mateo not Chirinos even less.    If Adley did not get his "night of rest" ruined by game circumstances, I maybe could have understood limiting his engagement to the one PA.

I think Chirinos is a worse hitter, worse baserunner, and with runner on 3rd, I would rather have gotten my good pinch-hitter in before the 2-out pressure following Chirinos' unsurprising strikeout.    Getting it to 3-2 before last six outs more pressure against a tottering team.

That was also one of the first moments where an Ad-ley chant in the spirit of Ed-die in a high leverage spot fit well.   I heard a few enthusiasts early.    The 2020's vs. the 1980's - they gotta pump in that tired Seven Nation Army audio.     Stadium ops folks....let the chant grow.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Mitch Garver, who hit a couple big HRs off us for the Rangers, is done for the season.  Surgery on his flexor tendon in his arm.  Guess we broke him.

Though because ballplayers like revenge, apparently TEX is letting him play out this weekend against the Twins who traded him.