Poll: Who do you WANT the Orioles to take with pick 1/1?

Who do you WANT the Orioles to take with pick 1/1?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the Orioles to take?

• Druw Jones - OF
    • Jackson Holliday - SS
    • Cam Collier - 3B
    • Termarr Johnson - 2B
    • Elijah Green - OF
    • Brooks Lee - SS
    • Kevin Parada - C
    • Jacob Berry - 3B/OF
    • Gavin Cross - OF
    • Other [please list]

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/17/22 at 23:00

I wasn’t sure whether to answer this with my head or my heart, so I went with my heart - Johnson.  

Really what I want is for the Orioles to pick whoever they think brings the most value.   And, I want them to be right.   I’ll support whoever they choose.

My head thinks it’ll be Jones, and that’s the answer I gave in the other poll about who I think they pick.  But I see Johnson as the underdog.   The guy who would play for free.   The guy who gets discounted due to his height, despite the obvious skills that he has.  The guy who will bust his ass to be the best he can possibly be.   And it would make me happy if the Orioles thought he was the guy who would bring us the most value.   

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Hoping it is Jones, but if it is Holliday, Johnson, or Lee and they still spend the full pool on overslots I am totally on board with it.

Ideally it would be Jones and they go 4.9% over their pool to still get the best possible overslots they can.

Keep hearing “whispers” in the national media about Holiday to us which would not upset me terribly. 

• Upvote 1

Cam Collier - he's going to have the highest trade value at next year's trade deadline due to his age.  We'll be able to flip him for an elite starting pitcher.  Plus he'd be way under-slot and we can use that extra money to get solid pitchers with our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks.