Saturday (07/16/22) Game 2 of 3 against Tampa Bay

Beysbol

Over in the Futures Game, Gunnar is leading off for the AL and playing third base. Worked a lead-off walk, went from first to third on a wild pitch, and scored on a bloop single. The NL pitcher is a Dodgers prospect in AA. He absolutely clowned Jasson Dominguez, who is batting second. Volpe is at SS for the AL.

Gunnar had a tough chance at third on a ball to his right; it glanced off his glove and went down the third-base line. Probably a double. Just made a very nice catch and tag on a stolen base attempt.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WillyM said:

No.  If the automatic runner scores, the pitcher is not charged with an earned run.

If he gives up any more runs in the inning, they might be earned, but the first one is not.

Right on. Thanks. Was gonna be pissed for all the extra inning pitchers if they did.

Just now, SteveA said:

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?

I am at the Nats game.

Odoe was on 2nd to start the inning, and it says Mateo tripled but it's still 4+4???

Odor in his wondering veternage got picke off when Matteo pulled back on a bunt attempt. 

Just now, SteveA said:

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?

I am at the Nats game.

Odoe was on 2nd to start the inning, and it says Mateo tripled but it's still 4+4???

Odor tried to steal 3rd and got thrown out.