Sunday, July 24, 2022 a Going for the Series Win

justD

14 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Again Hyde likely directed by Elias to tank this game.  I mean Garcia pitching - he is not a ml pitcher.  Not challenging call in the 7th.  Sending a horrible message to paying customers enduring end of days heat. 

I can't tell if you're kidding. You think Elias took time away from working on the trade deadline to meet with Hyde and tell him not to challenge any calls in today's game?

3 games in a row in 100 degree heat, you're going to play some of your bench guys. Issue is, O's bench is terrible. Bringing Garcia into this game makes sense. If you're never planning on letting him pitch, he shouldn't be on the roster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

3 games in a row in 100 degree heat, you're going to play some of your bench guys. Issue is, O's bench is terrible. Bringing Garcia into this game makes sense. If you're never planning on letting him pitch, he shouldn't be on the roster

By the end of the game, trainers were coming out to assist both the hitters and the umpires. The heat was oppressive. There’s a reason Cole was scarfing down that banana yesterday, and that was a night game!

(I did, however, escape to the Members Clubhouse for an inning or so around the 7th. That’s an awfully nice perk now.) 

• Upvote 1