07/26/22 Roster Moves: Terrin Vavra is called up from Norfolk (MLB debut) and Arauz to the IL

OsFanSinceThe80s

I think broadly we're still in Never Mess With A Streak superstition zone, and we'll juice the orange as long as we can with these nine guys.

If Elias mixes Selling and Buying maybe the chaser he gives a Trey-sad clubhouse is skipping past Stowers to Henderson as his replacement.   

Yesterday the middle infield defense early with Odor out of the game wasn't great, and the catch he made for one of the last six outs I don't think Urias would have made.   I haven't really seen Vavra play to guess which way there.   To the extent Hyde is the emotional guy and Blood is the bloodless one, I'd think Hyde doesn't want to hear the quant stuff about his sparkplug, at least not without proper show of respect.     If Elias is really like Vavra is Hatteberg, he might need to do the move Beane did to take Carlos Pena away from Art Howe.

8 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

DD, Buck, Taylor Teagarden????????????

I do think Hyde is too close to Odor. Any manager that get a prospect and doesn't play him for the first four games he shows up hates young players or loves the guy they should be replacing.

While Hyde is clearly a veteran's manager, I don't think he dislikes young players. I do however think he's way too close to certain players and Odor is one of them. It's like his fascination with Rio Ruiz for way too long.

Now, this might all be wrong since maybe Hyde is just given his lineup and he's making excuses, but him burying Vavra for the awful Odor is not a good sign in my opinion.

In fact, whoever or whatever is deciding that Odor should be playing everyday on a team that is actually competing despite him being replacement level or below replacement player makes me question the decision makers.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Now, this might all be wrong since maybe Hyde is just given his lineup and he's making excuses, but him burying Vavra for the awful Odor is not a good sign in my opinion. In fact, whoever or whatever is deciding that Odor should be playing everyday on a team that is actually competing despite him being replacement level or below replacement player makes me question the decision makers.

This!!! I think ME would trade anyone for what he deems an appropriate package. He signed Odor in the offseason, he isn't dumping him, regardless of bad production, he won't admit a mistake as a junior GM-Exec VP. He wants to include him in a package for a bag of balls.