Monday August 1: Orioles visit Texas

SteveA

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Some people get way too caught up in SSS and don't let players adjust. I watched him struggle a bit at every level until he settled in. He was always going to be fine.

I knew about Adley struggling as he moved up each level, so I was never really worried that he wouldn't start hitting. The Orioles run of losing and bad luck can make you jaded as a fan letting your emotions get the best of you at times. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I knew about Adley struggling as he moved up each level, so I was never really worried that he wouldn't start hitting. The Orioles run of losing and bad luck can make you jaded as a fan letting your emotions get the best of you at times. 

I was never the least bit concerned.  All this talk about needing to prove himself at each level, of not being the O's best prospect.  It struck me as funny.

The experts do get it wrong on occasion but when every one of them keeps saying the same thing over the course of years, it isn't hard to think they are right.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tom13206 said:

Love that speed! 2-0

Vavra a surprisingly fast sprinter. As far as base-stealing in his minor league career is concerned, his one relatively full season (2019) he stole 18 bases, but was caught 9 times (counter-productive 67% success rate). However, the total for his other three seasons combined is 22 stolen out of 26 attempts (84.6%).

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 1

This conversation between Palmer and Newman on Bo Jackson.

Bo was crazy good. We went to a game at Memorial stadium, had LF bleacher seats. We were giving Bo the business all night. He hit a HR over the bleachers onto the back hill. He came back out to LF and we were totally silent in awe. 

I've never seen a player like Bo since. 

• Upvote 3

I find the Rangers' look, especially in this uniform, just maddening and silly. When they go mostly red in their color scheme, it resembles the Angels too much, especially with those red caps. I want to yell, "make up your freaking mind on your colors". And yet the blue script for the team name (with red trim) just clashes color-wise. I know it's an attempt to reflect the Texas flag's colors, but come on. I feel second hand embarrassment (as my kids say) for them ;) 

3 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

This conversation between Palmer and Newman on Bo Jackson.

Bo was crazy good. We went to a game at Memorial stadium, had LF bleacher seats. We were giving Bo the business all night. He hit a HR over the bleachers onto the back hill. He came back out to LF and we were totally silent in awe. 

I've never seen a player like Bo since. 

Still haven't seen anything like the time Bo Jackson ran up the wall at Memorial Stadium. I was arguing with my brother about something when this play happened and we both immediately got quiet staring at the television in disbelief. And not believing what we just saw. 

cmqk9hwwif7o3jbnz4ht

• Upvote 1