Jorge Lopez traded to Twins for pitching prospects (edit)

interloper

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I find it shockingly ironic that this was posted by someone called “Sanity Check.”

I hope this was a joke.  Or, was it just another uncalled for shot as someone providing an innocent update on here?

If it wasn't a joke, you've misjudged me, sir, and I don't deserve that.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not bullying, I'm wondering why you decided to use a quote to describe an injury.

You didn't quote the whole passage such as "Jorge Lopez was placed in the IL for Mental Health".  You just decided to use quotes for the injury. 

I think you should "know better" as using quotations in that manner can have a variety of different meanings.

If you are going to tell me that you would have used quotes to describe an injury such as a hamstring pull, I'll believe you.  But don't pretend that your statement wasn't open to misinterpretation or that I was the only one to question it.

Are you pretending that you (or others) didn’t “misinterpret it?” 

Just now, Sanity Check said:

I hope this was a joke.  Or, was it just another uncalled for shot as someone providing an innocent update on here?

It's not a joke.  It's just ironic.

I'd tell you not to be so sensitive, but I think you've been unfairly maligned in this thread.

7 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Sorry sir, I wasn't joking about anything.  I was providing an update.  There was no smiley face.  

WTF people?  Why do people assume everyone on here is an A-hole.  I have a lot of friends in Minnesota and have done their fantasy camp 5 of the past 6 years, I was pulling for Jorge Lopez, and for my friends' team....there was no ill will in my post.

People need to lighten up, man.  Is this really who we are???

You joked about his mental health. Read what you wrote. 

6 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Yeah, I’m not judging you homeslice. I edited the post to try and clarify that for anyone who may be aggrieved. 

No normal person makes fun of someone for missing work time for mental health. Using quotations most certainly does not imply that. Perhaps it’s just simply that you’re, you know, QUOTING SOMETHING.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not bullying, I'm wondering why you decided to use a quote to describe an injury.

You didn't quote the whole passage such as "Jorge Lopez was placed in the IL for Mental Health".  You just decided to use quotes for the injury. 

I think you should "know better" as using quotations in that manner can have a variety of different meanings.

If you are going to tell me that you would have used quotes to describe an injury such as a hamstring pull, I'll believe you.  But don't pretend that your statement wasn't open to misinterpretation or that I was the only one to question it.

I simply put quotes around the reason that was stated in what I saw.  I hardly ever see that as a reason for the IL, so I quoted it.  Honestly, I didn't memorize the whole damn thing I saw on the news flash, so I wasn't able to quote the entire thing verbatim.  

I'm sorry you misinterpreted it.  And I'm not pretending anything.  Why are you being such a jerk when it's you that misjudged me??

You're not even a big enough person to maybe admit you may have misinterpreted my intentions, and maybe apologize.  I'm kind of done with this now. 

This is mind-boggling BS.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I think this is just a result of the pitfalls of non verbal communication.

People have no ability to judge or understand tone. That’s not a shot at anyone, as it happens to everyone but it’s part of why social media is such garbage at times 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah, I’m not judging you homeslice. I edited the post to try and clarify that for anyone who may be aggrieved. 

No normal person makes fun of someone for missing work time for mental health. Using quotations most certainly does not imply that. Perhaps it’s just simply that you’re, you know, QUOTING SOMETHING.

Thanks, I did see your edit after I replied.  That has gone way south...and I hope people understand that if I was really an A-hole, the unfair reactions wouldn't bother me so much.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sanity Check said:

I don't see the joke.  I didn't when I wrote it, and I don't see it now.  What's the joke I'm missing?

I apologize for misinterpreting your post. To me it sounded like you were making light of his IL reason because you used quotes but even more so because you said it was probably performance related because ESPN showed his stats when they reported the IL move. Again, it read to me like you were making light of his mental health. I responded because I thought you probably didn’t know about his kid’s health and some of Lopez’s challenges. I’ve reread your post and it does read as an innocent report. I’ll be more diligent. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I apologize for misinterpreting your post. To me it sounded like you were making light of his IL reason because you used quotes but even more so because you said it was probably performance related because ESPN showed his stats when they reported the IL move. Again, it read to me like you were making light of his mental health. I responded because I thought you probably didn’t know about his kid’s health and some of Lopez’s challenges. I’ve reread your post and it does read as an innocent report. I’ll be more diligent. 

I DO understand how someone could read it and interpret it differently.

There are very few if any people on here that I would expect something like that from, though. We’re all pretty reasonable humans. 

Except when it comes to the Orioles, obviously.