Bowie’s second half playoff drive

Frobby

Erie has won to keep the pressure on.

Akron pushed their starter third time through order and Norby-Mayo-Williams went walk-double-sac fly (believe Mayo got to 3rd on play at plate) to give Baysox a 3-2 lead top of the 6th.

No idea how Eastern League breaks half season ties, but Erie win tonight guarantees that possible tomorrow whether Baysox win or lose tonight.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Richmond throwing a starter with an ERA in the 5's against an Erie starter with an ERA in the 2's as they get underway.

No luck with it being Kyle Harrison's day to pitch for Giants AA.

Erie lost 3-1 against Richmond this afternoon.  Bowie needs to win in order for them to make the playoffs.  Game time 605pm tonight

29 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

MASN really misses an opportunity by not televising the occasional AA and AAA game when nothing else is happening on the network. I’m guessing there’d be a decent audience for this game tonight if it were on. 

I’m not sure milb.com allows any other broadcast.   But I don’t really know. 

What a disappointing end to Bowie’s season.  With a playoff spot there for the taking, the Baysox scored three in the first inning, only to see Cade Povich cough up the lead by the second inning and then the bullpen allow Akron to put it out of reach.  Bowie loses 8-5 and misses the playoffs on a tiebreaker. 

I was on Gameday in the Top of the 1st before heading out for evening, and saw the quick start, but also did kind of an uh-oh when the 6th batter "lined" into a double play to cut off what looked like it had a shot to be an even bigger knockout punch.

The Baysox opened the game 4-for-4 with a walk, lined into a double play, and ended the night with 7 hits.