Thursday, August 25: Homestand ends in rubber match vs White Sox

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

He doesn't need to come up and rake. It's really hard to imagine him not being an upgrade over Odor, Urias, Nevin, Vavra, Stowers, or any of the other nearly automatic outs in the lineup right now. And if it takes him a few weeks to adjust to major league pitching so what? At least he can take his lumps now and be a step ahead for Opening Day next year.

Once again that’s fine. I’m just pointing out expectations have increased. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If this team is 6-8 games under .500 we are viewing all this much different. They have gave us a fun summer. I hope it lasts for awhile longer. 

I’m just saying expectations against the odds have been raised. 

Exactly.  We want more.  Cant blame us.  If we had managed to get a couple hits we could of swept this team.   Now we lose the series.

8 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

He doesn't need to come up and rake. It's really hard to imagine him not being an upgrade over Odor, Urias, Nevin, Vavra, Stowers, or any of the other nearly automatic outs in the lineup right now. And if it takes him a few weeks to adjust to major league pitching so what? At least he can take his lumps now and be a step ahead for Opening Day next year.

Two weeks ago Stowers was raking in AAA and better than the nearly automatic outs in the BAL outfield. Now he’s one of them. The transition is hard, if not McKenna would be an all star.

Edited by pdiddy

1 minute ago, pdiddy said:

Two weeks ago Stowers was raking in AAA and better than the nearby automatic outs in the BAL outfield. Now he’s one of them. The transition is t way it McKenna would be an all star.

I'm not down on Stowers long term, but he definetly looks overmatched right now. I still think he should be in the lineup everyday vs righties, he's also nowhere close to the prospect Gunnar is. I just don't understand the preaching about calm the expectations for Gunnar when the main expectation is just that the team calls him up since he fills an obvious need.