Sunday August 28: Justin Verlander stands between Orioles and another sweep at Minute Maid Park

SteveA

16 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If he's here by 2024 I will be shocked. I think he's a guy Elias will move this offseason. He's the exact opposite hitter the organization is training.

@Tony-OH does RM even have any value? What sort of team could use his bat if were so ready to get rid of him.

Edited by casadeozo

I really don't care about his personality or Kate Upton's presence in the stands, club level, or if she watches from home. I just care about what the dude does on the mound and that is dominate!

Would just love to have one guy we can stick at the top a the rotation and not worry about who our opponent is knowing they are going to have a hard time scratching across runs today.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He's a jerk in every sense. He did everything in his power to try and destroy this season due to his own greed. He cares less about the game, fans or anything other than enrichening himself with the most money he can. He's a turd and I don't want to have to root for him.

An awful lot of ace pitchers are jerks or just weird.  For example, Sale cutting up White Sox jerseys before he got traded.  Clemens throwing splintered bat a Piazza.  Pedro throwing Zimmer on the ground.  Nolan Ryan wasn't the nicest guy.  Randy Johnson was someone a lot of players did not like.  It seems like a lot of ace pitchers have a surly, mean edge.

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

An awful lot of ace pitchers are jerks or just weird.  For example, Sale cutting up White Sox jerseys before he got traded.  Clemens throwing splintered bat a Piazza.  Pedro throwing Zimmer on the ground.  Nolan Ryan wasn't the nicest guy.  Randy Johnson was someone a lot of players did not like.  It seems like a lot of ace pitchers have a surly, mean edge.

I'm fine with surely guys who perform well. Hell, I rooted from Albert Belle. But he made himself the key voice of the rich, elite players who tried to destroy the negotiations at every turn and for that, I hope he's never an Oriole. I'd rather always root against him, no matter how good he is on the hill.