Wednesday, September 7: Orioles try to split series with Toronto

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

What Verlander's do you think may be out there available via trade this offseason?

I know the real one may be avaialbe via FA if he opts out...lol

And since our payroll is so low right now and given his age, we would easily be able to make it work for 2/3 years. I know it's a risk, but I think he would be a better buy than Rodon.

My belief is that we add a big piece via FA, we can save our tradable assets for a big move at the deadline to put us over the top.

I like where we are though. And we are in perfect position to bridge the gap this offseason.

One of the Marlin starters?   Alcantara or Lopez?

Just now, SteveA said:

One of the Marlin starters?   Alcantara or Lopez?

Alcantara I agree is most definitely a TOR #1 guy. But it is going to take a boat load of prospects to get him, if the Marlins are even willing to move him. What price in prospects would you be willing to pay?

Lopez, I'm not so much sold on him being a #1. I have questions about how much better he is than what we have. Plus he only is under contract for 2 years. If we trade from our major league team thus weakening our offense (which is only league average now), how much better will we be as a team? Or maybe asked another way, how much closer does that move put us to winning a pennant? It seems like that move would have to be accompanied by other moves.