Who do you want to win the AL pennant?

Frobby

Who do you want to win the AL pennant?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the AL pennant!

• Cleveland
    • Houston
    • New York
    • Seattle
    • Tampa
    • Toronto
    • Anyone so long as it’s not the Ysnkees

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/22 at 21:00

2 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Hey now...just to clarify, I wasn't saying I want the Yankees to win.  I was saying I'd prefer them over Toronto.  The order would be...

Any of the other 4 teams

large gap

Yankees

Blue Jays

Okay.  I misunderstood.   Still, I respect your stance but I can never have another team lower than the Yankees in a poll like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Though the Orioles have always been my favorite, I lived a good many years in Philadelphia and spent many an evening at Veterans Stadium rooting for the Phils.  I will be cheering for them to win the Series this year (though I was more than delighted to see them lose in 1983).

At this point, my hope, unlikely as it seems, is that the Yankees take three in a row and force a game 7 on Wednesday night.

Then the AL pennant winner, whoever it may be, will have an exhausted pitching staff when they go to face the Phillies in a World Series that will start two days later.

I don’t like the Astros, but there was still some sadistic glee in watching the Yankees get spanked by Houston and watching the abject disappointment and heartbreak on entitled Yankees fans’ faces as the Astros players celebrated in their kingdom. Mighty Casey has struck out.

Now it’s time to pull for the Phillies.

• Upvote 1

I went to bed last night and just knew Houston would come back.  Just seemed like the most inevitable outcome.

Going back to when Yankee fans were complaining about the walks to Judge. No one else in that lineup is all that great.  Their best offensive player has been Bader.  Everyone else has flashes and they had some guys that were once great players but the Yankees continue to believe that you can just buy your way to titles and older get players are the way to go.  They still haven’t learned .

Now, they do enough to make the playoffs but in their last 101 games, they are 50-51. 

As always, I’m thrilled to have the Yankees eliminated.   I think this postseason loss is not going to sit well with Yankee fans.  You look at their season, and they were 68-23 (.747) on July 8, and went 31-40 from there in the regular season and, though beating Cleveland in a tough series, got destroyed by the Astros.   Not good enough if you’re a Yankees fan who in early July thought he was looking at one of the greatest Yankees teams, only to watch them disintegrate.   Now they’ve got the dilemma of having to pay through the nose to keep their best player, or letting him walk, probably to the Mets if they let that happen.  

I’m heating up the popcorn.  

Crazy... the Astros have been in 4 of the last 6 World Series (cheaters or not). Just an epic run. 

I'll be happy if the O's take the next step and reach the playoffs 4 of the next 6 years. I'll be ecstatic, even cathartic, if the O's win a World Series in the next 6 years.