2022-23 free agent signings tracker

Frobby

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

That’s not a terrible AAV for Correa, even if the years are insane.

Gotta wonder if he’ll even play out the 13 years. He would be 41. I wonder the same with Turner. Maybe they assume at worst it’ll be a negotiated buyout when they’re ready to retire. 

Carlos Correa trying to beat out an infield hit in year 13.

old man running GIF by RunnerSpace.com

23 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Carlos Correa trying to beat out an infield hit in year 13.

old man running GIF by RunnerSpace.com

Funny, I play softball on Sundays with a bunch of neighborhood guys.  One of the faster guys out there is also by far the oldest.  He’s 78!   Former 100-yard dash HS state champ in Connecticut, circa 1962.   Rarely hits the ball out of the infield, but still reaches base about half the time. 

• Like 1

Saw the observation basically everyone in the Hall of Very Good and up group is getting paid to 40.

When a high school kid like Correa clears the minors in 24 months as Jackson Holliday aspires to, it can keep on playing all the way through you beating Trea Turner on years 13-11.

Seeing $9mm as the Kiermaier price point was new to me just now on the MLB crawl.

16 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

JD Martinez to the Dodgers on a one year deal. 

He’s going from a home park that’s a bandbox to a team and a division that’s mostly big pitchers parks. I predict Mr. Martinez will struggle as a Dodger, and could very well be unemployed by August. 

36 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

He’s going from a home park that’s a bandbox to a team and a division that’s mostly big pitchers parks. I predict Mr. Martinez will struggle as a Dodger, and could very well be unemployed by August. 

Even is he loses power (like last season) he should still hit for average, which means he basically replaces Justin Turner's bat. That's really all they need from him so it's a pretty low bar.