Who is left?

wildcard

28 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

The Yankees are trying to buy all the best FA's. I feel angry that we have to be in the division with the world's richest team. How is it fair for us? In the other divisions don't have nearly as tough as we have.  We want Rondon, well so do the Yankees and money is no object. We have interest in Corea, well so do the Yankees and money is no object. The team with the most money is the best team money can buy.  What are all your opinions on this issue?

It's totally unfair but makes it more enjoyable when we win. 

9 hours ago, interloper said:

Conforto is a fun idea that I would support. If he's healthy and back to form he would do wonders for the lineup.

However, it would all but send Stowers to AAA assuming they prefer McKenna as the backup CF. 

4 man bench:

Backup catcher

McKenna

Vavra/UIF

Cordero or other 1B backup?

He could be 9th man as DH.

Rutschman C, Mountcastle 1B, Urias 2B, Mateo SS, Gunnar 3B, Mullins CF, Hays LF, Santander RF, Conforto DH.

Bench Vavra Stowers McKenna C

That said, Roch floating Harold Castro makes me extremely skeptical we are anywhere close to in on Conforto.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He could be 9th man as DH.

Rutschman C, Mountcastle 1B, Urias 2B, Mateo SS, Gunnar 3B, Mullins CF, Hays LF, Santander RF, Conforto DH.

Bench Vavra Stowers McKenna C

That said, Roch floating Harold Castro makes me extremely skeptical we are anywhere close to in on Conforto.

So 3 of the 4 regular outfielders hit LH or SH.  Vavra plays IF and OF.  McKenna of course plays OF.   You really think they are going to carry Stowers as an extra OF in that scenario?    

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

So 3 of the 4 regular outfielders hit LH or SH.  Vavra plays IF and OF.  McKenna of course plays OF.   You really think they are going to carry Stowers as an extra OF in that scenario?    

Hm, good point. Well, Stowers has reverse splits, as Tony keeps pointing out so he could be more like having a SH. Stowers could end up seeing more ABs with Hays on the weak side of the platoon or eventually being pushed to McKenna role. You could get rid of McKenna.

If Stowers goes to AAA, who replaces him? Cowser is also LH.

I do agree it is getting crowded. I have a feeling there will be some trades that affect some things. I see trading Hays as more likely than demoting Stowers but something is going to have to give in both infield and outfield.

22 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Hm, good point. Well, Stowers has reverse splits, as Tony keeps pointing out so he could be more like having a SH. Stowers could end up seeing more ABs with Hays on the weak side of the platoon or eventually being pushed to McKenna role. You could get rid of McKenna.

If Stowers goes to AAA, who replaces him? Cowser is also LH.

I do agree it is getting crowded. I have a feeling there will be some trades that affect some things. I see trading Hays as more likely than demoting Stowers but something is going to have to give in both infield and outfield.

I agree on the trades as well.   I think Stowers is a prime candidate for trade.  I believe Urias and Stowers are good bets to be traded. 

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I agree on the trades as well.   I think Stowers is a prime candidate for trade.  I believe Urias and Stowers are good bets to be traded. 

This sounds good on paper, but the Orioles usage of him has decreased his value.

I also still think they trade Mateo over Urias to boost OBP

5 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

This sounds good on paper, but the Orioles usage of him has decreased his value.

I don’t think Stowers’ usage has affected his value much at all.  He was only only the roster for 52 days.  Any team trading for him would understand that he hasn’t had much chance yet to show what he can do.  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think Stowers’ usage has affected his value much at all.  He was only only the roster for 52 days.  Any team trading for him would understand that he hasn’t had much chance yet to show what he can do.  

Yes, but we've decreased his value by showing that he doesn't have a spot here with significant playing time.

11 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Yes, but we've decreased his value by showing that he doesn't have a spot here with significant playing time.

More like we've decreased our leverage by signalling he is expendable. That shouldn't affect his actual value to another team. But maybe not playing Stowers was a 3D chess move to make Hays or Santander look more valuable. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Could be right on Mateo.  The big mystery is Henderson but Elias has given more hints of Henderson to 3B than SS.   They are now talking about Urias seeing a lot of time at 2B.   I think that is a giant clue that Henderson is going to be the 3B and Mateo the SS unless you think they'd make the bold move of Ortiz to SS or sign Correa or Swanson.

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Could be right on Mateo.  The big mystery is Henderson but Elias has given more hints of Henderson to 3B than SS.   They are now talking about Urias seeing a lot of time at 2B.   I think that is a giant clue that Henderson is going to be the 3B and Mateo the SS unless you think they'd make the bold move of Ortiz to SS or sign Correa or Swanson.

Mateo or Urias could be more of a trade deadline move in season if/when they are more confident Joey is ready. 

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Mateo or Urias could be more of a trade deadline move in season if/when they are more confident Joey is ready. 

Could be but I'd say Westburg, Ortiz, and Norby are all pretty close now.   I think they will make room for one (Westburg 2B) to start the season.