Orioles pursuing Wacha?

Sports Guy

I’d like a Wacha, or a similar SP, because we can’t afford to give away games, and it pushes everyone into their roles:

Opening Day - 

SP: GR, Bradish, Kremer, Wacha, Gibson

Wells - MR/SU strictly reliever 

Voth - 6th SP, LR/MR

Watkins - AAA 7th SP

Hall - AAA SP development

Baumann/Zimmerman - AAA only for spot emergency starts

Means - IL no rush

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’d like a Wacha, or a similar SP, because we can’t afford to give away games, and it pushes everyone into their roles:

Opening Day - 

SP: GR, Bradish, Kremer, Wacha, Gibson

Wells - MR/SU strictly reliever 

Voth - 6th SP, LR/MR

Watkins - AAA 7th SP

Hall - AAA SP development

Baumann/Zimmerman - AAA only for spot emergency starts

Means - IL no rush

I wonder if Zimmermann stays on the 40 man roster.

35 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Doesn't seem like switching ballparks would do him much better

2 homeruns but the numbers are similar. But, I’d be happy with a 3.35 era and a 1.15 WHIP if he can reproduce this years results. He goes 6 innings when he pitchers. If you can get an innings bump to 150-160 that would be a huge winner. I think the innings increase is a long shot based on his history.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

2 homeruns but the numbers are similar. But, I’d be happy with a 3.35 era and a 1.15 WHIP if he can reproduce this years results. He goes 6 innings when he pitchers. If you can get an innings bump to 150-160 that would be a huge winner. I think the innings increase is a long shot based on his history.

So is the 3.35 ERA

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So is the 3.35 ERA

He’s done it 4 out of 9 seasons. So, it’s somewhere in the 40-50% range. A coin toss with a blemished quarter but not as big of a long shot as you are making it. Look I know you wouldn’t like the signing. But, Elias is going to get somebody out of the scraps. I’m thinking it could be a worse choice.

16 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He’s done it 4 out of 9 seasons. So, it’s somewhere in the 40-50% range. A coin toss with a blemished quarter but not as big of a long shot as you are making it. Look I know you wouldn’t like the signing. But, Elias is going to get somebody out of the scraps. I’m thinking it could be a worse choice.

Before 2022, it hasn’t happened since 2018 and that was in only 84 innings.  What he did from 2013-2015 has basically zero relevance to today.

Definitely not feeling it for Wacha.  I'd just as soon let the guys currently on the team fill in that role than to give starts to Wacha.  

If he signs with the O's, I'll be pulling for him, but I just am not thrilled about his acquisition and the likely 10 to 12 (or more) million that will go to him.