Birdland Caravan back this season

Frobby

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Has anyone who's been to a "guest bartending" caravan event say if it is kid friendly at all?     Would an elementary aged kid get to meet/greet the guys, or just be stuck around grownups swilling for a couple hours?

We're thinking about doing the Odenton finale dinnertime Sunday.

It is if you have a dinner table. It’s not if you’re just there to stand around and drink. The players aren’t going to wait on your table. You’ll have to belly up to the bar and go back once you get a drink. 

• Thanks 1

Went to Checkerspot, made the mistake of getting there right at 4.   Line was out the door and around the block and not moving, I'm not going to stand outside in this cold and maybe never get int.   So I turned around and came home.

Maybe I'll try the Crooked Crab tomorrow, and get there an hour or two early.   They have an in-house pizza place that is pretty good, and some great beers.

Judging by the crowds, looks like the enthusiasm level for this season is up among O's fans.

• Upvote 3

On 2/3/2023 at 2:22 PM, Going Underground said:

Seems like Hyde is at every caravan event. Seems like a good down to earth guy. I don't think any of the free agents the Orioles signed are at any events. But people would rather see the up and coming Orioles instead.

I was like who is the bald headed dude?  😋

• Haha 1

I went to the rally at Wilde Lake, was a good time.  One thing I wish they'd bring back is some of the interactive stuff they did at fanfest, like instructionals for kids.  This was an event for older people mostly, with Q&A, who said that, and a couple more activities in a theater.

My 7 year old had a relatively good time, but that's because he got some packs of cards and managed to sneak an illegal autograph.

1 hour ago, MarCakes21 said:

I went to the rally at Wilde Lake, was a good time.  One thing I wish they'd bring back is some of the interactive stuff they did at fanfest, like instructionals for kids.  This was an event for older people mostly, with Q&A, who said that, and a couple more activities in a theater.

My 7 year old had a relatively good time, but that's because he got some packs of cards and managed to sneak an illegal autograph.

Any other giveaways?

I followed this girl on Twitter that’s and Orioles fan. She said there was two drunk guys carry on at the Salisbury event. She didn’t go into deep detail about what they did but I have to assume it was fighting. She is concerned it will put the event in jeopardy in the future.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I followed this girl on Twitter that’s and Orioles fan. She said there was two drunk guys carry on at the Salisbury event. She didn’t go into deep detail about what they did but I have to assume it was fighting. She is concerned it will put the event in jeopardy in the future.

This one? I thought she said it was at Checkerspot? Take what said on Twitter with a grain of salt. 

No such drama at Crooked Crab in Odenton. Sig, Means, Bautista, Mullins, and I think Tate at front bar. Krieble and Hays at the back bar, Mullins joined them later. Sig tried to serve but kept putting the beer in the wrong size glasses like double nitro IPA in 16 oz glasses vs 6 oz so they had him walking around collecting empty glasses. The players mostly just smiled for pics. I tried to load a video but the mp4 format isn't supported