Baseball America 2023 Top 100

RVAOsFan

Just now, Sports Guy said:

The Os love patting themselves on the back for this.  While it’s great to see, I would rather see at the top of the standings than some meaningless prospect ranking.

It looks like Baseball America is patting them on the back.  Weren’t you complaining about Corn being negative and miserable?    

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os love patting themselves on the back for this.  While it’s great to see, I would rather see at the top of the standings than some meaningless prospect ranking.

Hopefully having a strong farm system will help them to move up in the standings.  That’s the point of having a good farm system.  It helped last year. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Hopefully having a strong farm system will help them to move up in the standings.  That’s the point of having a good farm system.  It helped last year. 

Obviously..but you need more than just that. The Orioles are sending out tweets essentially saying, ooo look at what we are doing and while everyone is happy about it, you don’t win anything for being #1.  Sometimes it seems like that ranking is more important to them than actual winning is.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Obviously..but you need more than just that. The Orioles are sending out tweets essentially saying, ooo look at what we are doing and while everyone is happy about it, you don’t win anything for being #1.  Sometimes it seems like that ranking is more important to them than actual winning is.

I think Elias is very aware of the ranking.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

In his defense if I were offered the choice between 50M before taxes and an Orioles WS title I'd take the 50M.

The O's are a +$1 B franchise so I do NOT begrudge them a 5% ROI, the point was that heretofore being anointed as CEO by his mother in 2020, JA had accomplished absolutely nothing but a string of failure. 

1 minute ago, AnythingO's said:

The O's are a +$1 B franchise so I do NOT begrudge them a 5% ROI, the point was that heretofore being anointed as CEO by his mother in 2020, JA had accomplished absolutely nothing but a string of failure. 

That seems to be the case with a lot of individuals that are fortunate enough to find themselves in that position.

In the last year, the team has improved it's win total by 31 games, graduated multiple high end prospects who saw early success, significantly added to it's well stocked farm system, and saw basically all of its most important prospects progress throughout the system.

Such good progress for a rebuild, and by page 5 of the thread about BA publishing this, it's literally just a full page of posts from people complaining that we signed a veteran 2B to a 1 year deal and/or we didn't win a bidding war for a good but potentially flawed #2-#3 SP. So much fixation on the negatives when it just seems like they're so far outweighed by the positives with where this org is in terms of entering a long-term winning window; it just blows my mind 🙃

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

In the last year, the team has improved it's win total by 31 games, graduated multiple high end prospects who saw early success, significantly added to it's well stocked farm system, and saw basically all of its most important prospects progress throughout the system.

Such good progress for a rebuild, and by page 5 of the thread about BA publishing this, it's literally just a full page of posts from people complaining that we signed a veteran 2B to a 1 year deal and/or we didn't win a bidding war for a good but potentially flawed #2-#3 SP. So much fixation on the negatives when it just seems like they're so far outweighed by the positives with where this org is in terms of entering a long-term winning window; it just blows my mind 🙃

Well you joined in November of 2022 so you are probably missing some context. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

In his defense if I were offered the choice between 50M before taxes and an Orioles WS title I'd take the 50M.

The first year or two, sure.  After pocketing some sweet change though, I'd sure like to celebrate a championship at some point.