Kyle Bradish 2023

Frobby

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

I thought that would improve in the 3rd inning

I kind of thought so, too.  We've had some starts this season where guys have gotten off to a rocky beginning and then been able to right the ship and get through 5 or 6.  Kremer, G-Rod, I think maybe Bradish had a start like that.  I thought he could figure it out yesterday but he was terrible throughout.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I kind of thought so, too.  We've had some starts this season where guys have gotten off to a rocky beginning and then been able to right the ship and get through 5 or 6.  Kremer, G-Rod, I think maybe Bradish had a start like that.  I thought he could figure it out yesterday but he was terrible throughout.

He threw 40 pitches in the 2nd with poor control.  Then he began the 3rd by putting two guys on.  He should have been pulled right there but Hyde left him in because the pen was overused.   

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

He threw 40 pitches in the 2nd with poor control.  Then he began the 3rd by putting two guys on.  He should have been pulled right there but Hyde left him in because the pen was overused.   

Should have pulled him there.  That’s just too much danger of letting the game get away on a day where Bradish clearly didn’t have it.  I saw Hyde do this a couple of times last year with Lyles.  I’m a big proponent of not overtaxing a bullpen, but I really thought yesterday was over the top.  

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Should have pulled him there.  That’s just too much danger of letting the game get away on a day where Bradish clearly didn’t have it.  I saw Hyde do this a couple of times last year with Lyles.  I’m a big proponent of not overtaxing a bullpen, but I really thought yesterday was over the top.  

Yeah agree with you and wildcard. 

Was the bullpen even that taxed? And when weighed against, what, 4 more ER versus another 2/3 of inning or whatever it was? Not worth it IMO. Akin has barely pitched this season, let him rip. 

Edited by interloper

So yesterday Bradish's sinker had more ride than his four seamer, basically saying that his fastball sunk more than his sinker? 😕

Hopefully I can get to do some analysis today, but are we at the point where Bradish ditches the fastball, and just goes all-in to convert the 4S to a cutter, ala Corbin Burnes?

16 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

Anyone else worried about his dip in velocity? 

His fastball was only -0.1 MPH down and his sinker (9 of them) was -0.5 mph down, so I don't think there's any issue there. It was more about command leaving him the 5th.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

His fastball was only -0.1 MPH down and his sinker (9 of them) was -0.5 mph down, so I don't think there's any issue there. It was more about command leaving him the 5th.

But compared to last season, there seems to be a pretty big dip, no? I'm guessing you mean only 0.1 MPH down from the last start, right? But there the velocity dip had already begun. 

1 hour ago, Flash- bd said:

But compared to last season, there seems to be a pretty big dip, no? I'm guessing you mean only 0.1 MPH down from the last start, right? But there the velocity dip had already begun. 

No, that's off his season average.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

No, that's off his season average.

Cheers, guess it's a perception thing...it felt like to me last season he was consistently 94-96 and that lately that four seam has been like 92-95, but the numbers don't lie! 

Big day today.    Bradish tasted some success last year pitching in the controlled environment of not maximizing MLB wins.

Strider and a national telecast - opportunities to announce your presence with authority can't be gift wrapped better than this.

The Dylan Bundy centerpiece for me is kind of the anti-Ryan Mountcastle...he is the one the current regime handpicked in its first transaction exchanging assets of moderately high value.

• 2 weeks later...