Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

15 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You know, that theory is already proving to be less and less true as well.

He's out OPSing not only Mountcastle, but Gunnar as well.  Urias is hurt, again.

He's certainly providing value to this team that they couldn't just snap their fingers and easily replace.

I disagree.   Even with Urias hurt we still have Westburg who could have easily filled the Frazier role IMO.  The only thing that's changed for me is he's been better than I was expecting.  Still a foolish signing, but at least to think point it isn't being determental to the team as I feared. 

1 minute ago, forphase1 said:

I disagree.   Even with Urias hurt we still have Westburg who could have easily filled the Frazier role IMO.  The only thing that's changed for me is he's been better than I was expecting.  Still a foolish signing, but at least to think point it isn't being determental to the team as I feared. 

But it's likely that Westburg isn't as good as Frazier.  Henderson isn't.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Again,  I disagree, and believe with a short adjustment period that Westburg would be outperforming Frazier.  What Henderson has or hasn't done to this point has no real bearing on what Westburg would do.   I can point to Adley for what could be possible with a rookie, but that's as irrelevant as what Henderson is doing.   For good or ill we will never know which of us is right as it didn't happen.   In the end I'm glad Frazier is playing at the level he is,  enough though ib wish he wasn't on the team. 

1 minute ago, forphase1 said:

Again,  I disagree, and believe with a short adjustment period that Westburg would be outperforming Frazier.  What Henderson has or hasn't done to this point has no real bearing on what Westburg would do.   I can point to Adley for what could be possible with a rookie, but that's as irrelevant as what Henderson is doing.   For good or ill we will never know which of us is right as it didn't happen.   In the end I'm glad Frazier is playing at the level he is,  enough though ib wish he wasn't on the team. 

Just to be clear, you don't have anything supporting this position but your feels.

You have a right to that position, but others have a right to point out it isn't based anything solid.

Here's what we do know: Frazier has been our second best infielder this year.  He's outperformed everyone except Mateo, and he'll soon catch him if Mateo doesn't start hitting.

9 minutes ago, Pickles said:

SSS alert.  I'm not ready to give up on Henderson yet.  I hope Henderson snaps out of this funk soon.  It does look like Mateo could be the regular that is replaced before Frazier and I would have never have predicted that.  A mlb team just can't carry a starter who OPS's .300 for a month. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

What do you mean we dont need him. Our record would not be as good right now without signing Frazier. 

At the time we made the signing I considered it a serious head-scratcher. At that time, I mentioned the possibility that Elias may have considered Frazier a short term stopgap, and that with a little luck he could be flipped at the deadline if he showed a sustained resurgence. I considered this an attempt by Elias to be just a little too cute. Maybe in retrospect that's how it works itself out.

Get a half-season of decent ball out of Frazier as a low risk reclamation project and flip him at peak for high value MiLB pieces at the deadline... clearing the way for Westburg... or whoever else is beating on the door.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

SSS alert.  I'm not ready to give up on Henderson yet.  I hope Henderson snaps out of this funk soon.  It does look like Mateo could be the regular that is replaced before Frazier and I would have never have predicted that.  A mlb team just can't carry a starter who OPS's .300 for a month. 

Nobody is giving up on Henderson.  Not me at least.

But it's simply a fact to say that Frazier has outperformed him this year.

5 minutes ago, owknows said:

Get a half-season of decent ball out of Frazier as a low risk reclamation project and flip him at peak for high value MiLB pieces at the deadline... clearing the way for Westburg... or whoever else is beating on the door.

So, in the middle of a run at the playoffs, flip a veteran who is one of the more valuable players on the team to make room for a prospect who will probably require a few months to adapt and adjust to major league competition?

Just now, DirtyBird said:

So, in the middle of a run at the playoffs, flip a veteran who is one of the more valuable players on the team to make room for a prospect who will probably require a few months to adapt and adjust to major league competition?

Sounds like how we got Cano, and Povich...  so..... yes.