Kyle Gibson 2023

sportsfan8703

22 minutes ago, banks703 said:

That may have been reported but I don’t believe that it was ever confirmed that the O’s seriously pursued Cease (or that they asked for Holliday in return).

The White Sox are a dumpster fire so it wouldn’t surprise me though. Cease is their best asset. It would do more for their organization to trade him for multiple high level prospects (and possibly get major league level talent back) than to ask for one guy back in a trade for Cease. That’s why I think the O’s match up with them for a potential off-season move. They didn’t have to move Cease in-season so they could ask for the world but now that they have new leadership in Chris Getz, I expect them to make more sound moves. 

Cease was part of the reason they were a dumpster fire. I don't want to give up any of the top 100 guys for him.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Sure. All the time. 

BS.  There are many rumors that never become trades.  Unless a trade falls through because of someone invoking a no trade clause there are very non trades where the rumors are confirmed by either team.

Fangraphs launched its 2024 Free Agent Tracker this morning, and it shows Kyle Gibson in a healthy 8th place in 2023 fWAR among the class.

Shohei 6.6, S. Gray 5.2, J. Montgomery 4.3, Snell 3.9, Nola 3.7, Candelario 3.3, Chapman 3.3, Gibson 2.5.

If you are set at 3B and don't need Candelario-Chapman, Bats the next best by 2023 fWAR is Kevin Kiermaier.     No middle infielders show up until Elvis Andrus 20-30 players down, so conditions may be decent for Elias to leverage a surplus and make one (or both) of Norby and Ortiz a Hernaiz trade follow up this winter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Fangraphs launched its 2024 Free Agent Tracker this morning, and it shows Kyle Gibson in a healthy 8th place in 2023 fWAR among the class.

Shohei 6.6, S. Gray 5.2, J. Montgomery 4.3, Snell 3.9, Nola 3.7, Candelario 3.3, Chapman 3.3, Gibson 2.5.

If you are set at 3B and don't need Candelario-Chapman, Bats the next best by 2023 fWAR is Kevin Kiermaier.     No middle infielders show up until Elvis Andrus 20-30 players down, so conditions may be decent for Elias to leverage a surplus and make one (or both) of Norby and Ortiz a Hernaiz trade follow up this winter.

There is a FA that I think the O's will bring back next season and it's not Gibson.  Its Aaron Hicks.

• Confused 1