Blue Jays Series

Moose Milligan

I expect to lose vs Gausman. If we have a chance in this series it's the first two games. Grayson vs Manoah is battle of two underperformers (Grayson vs expectations, Manoah vs last year). Gibson vs Kikuchi is the battle of the meh guys. Kikuchi has dropped his walks from 5.2 to 1.7. Don't do him any favors (I'm looking at you, Mountcastle and Jorge). 

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I expect to lose vs Gausman. If we have a chance in this series it's the first two games. Grayson vs Manoah is battle of two underperformers (Grayson vs expectations, Manoah vs last year). Gibson vs Kikuchi is the battle of the meh guys. Kikuchi has dropped his walks from 5.2 to 1.7. Don't do him any favors (I'm looking at you, Mountcastle and Jorge). 

Especially because it's a Sunday day game. 

3-0 or bust!

For real though, I’d be real happy with 2-1, wouldn’t be too shocked or even crazy disappointed if they go 1-2, but 0-3 would be a harsh reality check. Between this series and NYY I think it’s finally a chance to measure up and see whether this hot start has been a mirage or not.

This is not interesting analysis, but I'll say it anyway: I really dislike the Blue Jays.  It's a different type of feeling than my hatred of the Yankees and Red Sox.  This one is more acute and annoying.  Whenever I see the Blue Jays' logo on the schedule for some reason I can feel my blood pressure rising.  

45 minutes ago, StottyByNature said:

This is not interesting analysis, but I'll say it anyway: I really dislike the Blue Jays.  It's a different type of feeling than my hatred of the Yankees and Red Sox.  This one is more acute and annoying.  Whenever I see the Blue Jays' logo on the schedule for some reason I can feel my blood pressure rising.  

Never say that disliking the Blue Jays is not interesting :)  Over the years they have annoyed me more than any other team.  They always seem to have a bunch of Chads for sure.

There's a certain level where I feel like this is Vlad's last best year while the old All-Stars aren't too old, they still have an extra All-Star in Chapman, and he and Bichette aren't too expensive.     Springer is still better than Santander, right?

You know who would be nice breaking up all the patient lefties in 2026?    Vladimir Guerrero!    2036 probably more the Orioles speed.

2 hours ago, oriole said:

3-0 or bust!

For real though, I’d be real happy with 2-1, wouldn’t be too shocked or even crazy disappointed if they go 1-2, but 0-3 would be a harsh reality check. Between this series and NYY I think it’s finally a chance to measure up and see whether this hot start has been a mirage or not.

0-3 In Toronto is not necessarily a ‘harsh reality check’. The Blue Jays lost 4 in a row in Boston, was that a reality check too? What about the 3/4 they just lost at home to the Yankees? It’s an important series but let’s not overblow the importance before it even starts. 

It also seems you’re moving the bar a bit. Wasn’t the ATL-TB-PIT run already a check into whether the start was a mirage?  Or do we still have to wait because the team won more than it lost in that stretch?

The reality is that the ALE race is going to be brutal all year.  These games matter and are important but they won’t come close to defining who or what this team is, good or bad. 

That won’t stop the OH from massive overreaction if we lose the first couple of course. 

• Upvote 2

This feels about like the Braves series two Fridays ago.    If we can get the Friday game, the whole weekend can be fun.

AL6 hopes are running high, but I don't think these Orioles are better than Toronto yet.     

Gausman is an interesting mix of throwing Cy-caliber ratios and still laying a huge egg about every 4th start.

11 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

0-3 In Toronto is not necessarily a ‘harsh reality check’. The Blue Jays lost 4 in a row in Boston, was that a reality check too? What about the 3/4 they just lost at home to the Yankees? It’s an important series but let’s not overblow the importance before it even starts. 

It also seems you’re moving the bar a bit. Wasn’t the ATL-TB-PIT run already a check into whether the start was a mirage?  Or do we still have to wait because the team won more than it lost in that stretch?

The reality is that the ALE race is going to be brutal all year.  These games matter and are important but they won’t come close to defining who or what this team is, good or bad. 

That won’t stop the OH from massive overreaction if we lose the first couple of course. 

TB and ATL was certainly a good test. Prob on par with TOR and NYY. But this was supposed to be a team in regression that didn’t add anything of substance over the offseason, so when they come out the gate like they have, you’ll have to forgive me to want to see sustained success against the good competition before believing that Rutschman was enough to completely turn the entire team around.