Saturday Afternoon May 20: Orioles at Blue Jays

SteveA

1 minute ago, SemperFi said:

Vavra is quickly playing his way back to the minors. 

1 rbi in 34 at bats, poor at bats with runners on base- didn't advance the runners with based loaded the other night now hitting into a DP.

He’s almost as bad as Mateo.

Vavra’s last at bat wasn’t BAD, it just had a bad result. I think he saw like 7 pitches.

Mateo on the other hand, he is just awful.

1 minute ago, SemperFi said:

Vavra is quickly playing his way back to the minors. 

1 rbi in 34 at bats, poor at bats with runners on base- didn't advance the runners with based loaded the other night now hitting into a DP.

Send Vavra down, bring up Westburg. I'm excited to see Westburg. He's got some juice to his bat. I do wonder how it will play with our huge left field wall though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Am I crazy for thinking Burnes isn't going to sniff Cole's deal?  I'm thinking like 7/260-280.  I don't think he's going to sniff Cole's deal.  For starters i dont think hes as good a pitcher as Cole was at the time of his signing.  Also, the Yankees aren't going to be in the bidding so that leaves the Mets, Giants, Nats, Orioles as teams that can afford him.  The Sox could too, but they're on the fringe of contention and might opt to develop more with the Yankees and Orioles solidly ahead of them in division.  Only the Mets from that list really seem like teams that would go over 300m for a pitcher, but they will be pressed for money because of the luxury tax.
    • Agree a strong RHP bullpen arm that misses bats would be good to add. Looking at Spotrac I don’t see who it would be. Dominguez could certainly be someone that could fill this role. 
    • Definitely leave the flag up. 
    • It looks like I misread your post as being about last offseason instead of the 2017-2018 offseason.  My mistake, but does that in any way affect my overall point - you know the part that I made explicit and you left out of your response - that all the old, reflexive Angelosian nonsense no longer automatically applies? I'm unclear on what you're driving at, especially if I have to go back to the 2017-2018 offseason when Peter Angelos might still have been giving input on running the team.  I think it's a stretch to try to draw parallels to those days, or even the John Angelos years, to David Rubenstein potential as an owner.
    • Irsay stealing the Colts in a midnight sneak away is in my top five depressing B-More moments, as well as the dreaded We Are Family Pirates in the ‘79 series. Otherwise, it’s a good bad list.
    • I forgot the name of the movie, but Jimmy Fallon was playing a BoSox superfan (tough role for an NY kid) and it was during the era of the ‘curse’ (right at the end of it actually) — a kid he was coaching asked, “What have the Red Sox ever done for you?” His character didn’t have an answer. But it made me think. The movie was out during the 14-years of losing seasons. I asked myself the same question about whether a lifetime of fandom was worth it. For me, outside of my family - 15 generations or more on the Eastern Shore - the O’s are also part of my DNA.  Win, lose, lose horribly, lose ugly, bad ownership, they just can’t shake me. All that said, I totally understand the frustration. It will take me a little longer to heal from this ugly exit to 2024.
    • In the market and $$$ for SP = Mets, Cubs, BOS, WAS and SFG (depending on Snell opt-out).  That’s enough chairs when music stops for Burnes and Fried to cash in, and still ample for second tier Eovaldi, Manea, Kikuchi, Flaherty.  
  • Popular Contributors