You can't clip these wings - City Connect jerseys

Snutchy

On 5/21/2023 at 1:22 PM, Alasdaire said:

Our current uniforms are fine, but I don't think the Orioles have ever really fully showcased the orange/black color scheme. The leak for these city connect jerseys hardly have any orange. Really hope there's some orange on the full uniform, because going all black when that's not your primary color is an extremely tired and trite look.

Different sport, but I think the Ravens do much more with purple/black. Even when they go all black, there are purple/gold accents that pop.

Before we all have panic attacks, they're going to wear them for one series (Texas), then on Fridays. It's not like they've replaced the entire uniform. Also, I love the black hat with the B on it.

I haven’t read all 20 pages so this might’ve been stated already, but the Instagram reveal says they did a first by letting players have a say in the design and they were the ones to design the inner colored maps of neighborhoods. Idk

What I do think is Friday games have a special feel at the park, maybe bc the crowd is usually college age fans, at least far fewer families and more of a hangin’ out crowd. We’ve also had a lot of great wins on Fridays, unlike the predictable Sunday losses.

If these are worn every Friday, they’ll maybe become connected to that special vibe, and those wins, and that will create a good feeling about them that no hidden meanings or aesthetics could do. 

• Upvote 1

I won't take the 3 hours necessary to read all 20 pages either, so please forgive me if this has already been stated. But if they are going to wear these on Friday nights, then what is going to happen to the Black & Orange jerseys and the Orange alternate Jerseys that usually follow on Saturdays? Or am I mixing up the days?

3 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Plowing some old ground here, but doesn't it bother you that the apostrophe on the "O's" cap is upside down? I like the all-black cap from 1963, with the block Orange B, much more:

http://www.baseballmilquetoast.com/2017/11/1963-baltimore-orioles-hat-fresh-fitted.html

Nice find. The orange B is certainly better than the white.

46 minutes ago, justD said:

IMG_7523.jpeg

Look what they've done to my boy...

The top looks like the knockoff "jerseys" that street vendors sell outside of stadiums for $10 with the decal already flaking off.

The white belt is absolutely ghastly. At least use the multicolor scheme on the belt.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

Look what they've done to my boy...

The top looks like the knockoff "jerseys" that street vendors sell outside of stadiums for $10 with the decal already flaking off.

The white belt is absolutely ghastly. At least use the multicolor scheme on the belt.

Should be an orange belt to hit the nike logo.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Should be an orange belt to hit the nike logo.

Baltimore Orioles Reveal Black & White City Connect Uniform with Surprise  Inside – SportsLogos.Net News

The names on the back are in orange and it unsurprisingly looks much better than the dreadful white on all-black.

My takeaway is that the people who designed these are neither Orioles fans nor from Baltimore/Maryland.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alasdaire said:

Baltimore Orioles Reveal Black & White City Connect Uniform with Surprise  Inside – SportsLogos.Net News

The names on the back are in orange and it unsurprisingly looks much better than the dreadful white on all-black.

My takeaway is that the people who designed these are neither Orioles fans nor from Baltimore/Maryland.

And likely not baseball fans at all.  My educated quess (I've done it in another sport) is that the concept goes from MLB  to Nike's marketing department with the mock ups going to the Orioles for approval.  Don't know how much feedback or change is accepted, at least that's how it was done in similar circumstances.

The colorful interior (please reference the above) adds color but who really cares about the interior of a uniform?  The pattern looks too 2020's to me (similar to some alternate NBA) which are largely Nike too.  I'm older and enjoy classical looks which transcend eras, I hate it when you look at a uniform (or suit) and instantly identify an era like synthetics or tri tone hats.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That photo of Adley is awful. Black jersey on black pants is shameful. 

Especially with that awful belt, this again seems to be following a very narrow fashion trend.  I don't ever recall a MLB team wearing a white belt, not even the A's in the 70's.

2 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Especially with that awful belt, this again seems to be following a very narrow fashion trend.  I don't ever recall a MLB team wearing a white belt, not even the A's in the 70's.

The belt doesn’t bother me too much, they couldn’t use a black one. I guess they could have taken the lining of the jersey that’s multi colored and put that on the belt but I don’t think that’d save anything here.