Tuesday, June 20: First of 2 big games in Tropicana Dome

SteveA

1 minute ago, Malike said:

This is simply not true. Go back and look at my post history in the game threads. Just because I happened to quote you and hurt your widdle feewings, now I'm the bad guy of every game thread. It's nonsense. We're up 8-6 against the best team by far in the league, we have one of the top records in baseball and the amount of self-loathing is absurd, I don't understand why people can't just enjoy this excellent team.

I made a similar point to this earlier in the season, so I do sympathize. What is the point of following sports if you can’t enjoy them now and feel compelled to make everyone else miserable with you? I was told by others that gamethreads are one of the few places where people are allowed to vent and that if I didn't like that then I shouldn’t partake in them.

Which is honestly fair enough. The relentless cynicism you see in these posts really does seem contained to gamethreads on OH. Whereas there are other message boards where it spreads to every corner of the forum in a noxious way.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Brian88 said:

I'm not as cool as you, I'm not in here every game, just going off what I see tonight. You have to expect that people will be a bit on edge when we are up 7-0 and it looks like we are on our way to a rare laugher, against the Rays no less, and then we end up in a bit of a nail biter and blowing through 5 relievers. My feelings aren't hurt at all, but when you act like a douche I don't mind letting you know you're being a douche.

Come on, really? You've watched this team all year I assume, they never make it easy. They have what? 1 blowout win all year? Don't take my words and twist them around and expect me not to defend myself. Many people = only me, got it. Now, you can call me whatever you want, when you resort to name-calling you've shown that you can't articulate and there is no further reason to engage with you. I'll slot you right next to Renee88, you're probably the same person anyway.

Just now, Alasdaire said:

I made a similar point to this earlier in the season, so I do sympathize. What is the point of following sports if you can’t enjoy them now and feel compelled to make everyone else miserable with you? I was told by others that gamethreads are one of the few places where people are allowed to vent and that if I didn't like that then I shouldn’t partake in them.

Which is honestly fair enough. The relentless cynicism you see in these posts really does seem contained to gamethreads on OH. Whereas there are other message boards where it spreads to every corner of the forum in a noxious way.

It should work both ways, just because you try to talk people off of a ledge in the game thread you're public enemy number 1. It's silly.

Just now, Malike said:

It should work both ways, just because you try to talk people off of a ledge in the game thread you're public enemy number 1. It's silly.

I'm listening to an acoustic Suzanne Vega album.  I'm just letting it all wash over me.

Got some nice stings going.