Wednesday, June 28: Orioles vs Reds, series deciding game

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Because the bullpen is short after last night and the Orioles risked not making a move to have a fresh long guy available because they didn't think the guy they brought he to not do this is now doing this two starts in a row.

At least having off day tomorrow helps. 

The Reds are a very good offensive team. I'm not saying I expected Gibson to get destroyed. But I didn't expect him to do well tonight. It's not a good match up for him. I expected us to have to out slug them tonight. And thankfully they don't have a very good pitching staff. 

The only thing I like about Weaver is his shoes... and the fact that he will keep us in the game by being his normal terrible self.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I don’t have the issue with it that you do because it requires a 2 out hit to score. 

So running into an almost assured out that needs a major league player to not make a routine throw and catch is worth it because you think the odds are better than a two-out hit? 

Let's just say I disagree with you and the Orioles on this. There is a reason teams never have done that throughout the history of baseball. Because its dumb. 

ESPECIALLY, when you have a pitcher struggling and hot guy on deck.