2023 Trade Deadline Hot Stove

RVAOsFan

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Reports are Rangers and Mets in serious talks about Max Scherzer.  

If the rumors are true that’s 3 top 100 prospects in Acuna, Walcott, and Porter. 

Mets may be taking on some of the pay to get better haul.

Edited by Rbiggs2525

1 minute ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

If the rumors are true that’s 3 top 100 prospects in Acuna, Walcott, and Porter. 

If they get those 3 the Mets have to be eating a lot of salary.  I just don’t see Scherzer being worth those 3 along with that outrageous contract.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The Rangers are going to be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

If Houston gets Verlander, our path to the WS will have been reduced a good bit assuming we hold. Unless Texas and Houston play each other somehow... 

Edited by Fan4Life

2 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

If Houston gets Verlander, our path to the WS will have been reduced a good bit assuming we hold. Unless Texas and Houston play each other somehow... 

It's fine, the O's will still have the higher ranked farm system and that's what really counts.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fan4Life said:

If Houston gets Verlander, our path to the WS will have been reduced a good bit assuming we hold.

Yeah but you have to think about the cost of these team’s organization. I am not giving up 6 years of Mayo or Kjerstad for 40 yr old pitchers. 

On 7/27/2023 at 5:12 PM, Billy F-Face3 said:

I had been thinking about this for weeks. And we still don't know if the Padres, Mets, and Mariners can be consider sellers. But if so, that helps us because they're 3 of the teams in the August schedule. We also get the A's, Rockies, and the White Sox. Our toughest opponents are the Blue Jays and the Astros.

August Schedule...

1. Blue Jays
  2. Mets
  3. Astros
  4. Mariners
  5. Padres
  6. A's
  7. Blue Jays
  8. Rockies
  9. White Sox

August looks like it could be a good month for the schedule, but September could be a gauntlet. The September schedule...

1. Diamondbacks
  2. Angels
  3. Red Sox
  4. Cardinals (sellers)
  5. Rays (4 games)
  6. Astros
  7. Guardians (4 games)
  8. Nationals (2 games/Sellers)
  9. Red Sox (4 games into September 1)

I hope Robert Andino can be on hand for that last series (and if he wears an Orioles cap, I wouldn't care if it's too big).