Billy F-Face3

These would be the matchups...

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Byes: Orioles (1) and Rangers (2)

Wild Card Series matchups

Blue Jays (6) at Twins (3)

Astros (5) at Rays (4)

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forum/2-orioles-talk/?do=add

The Orioles would get a bye. And looking at those possible outcomes, I like that idea. Let's continue winning and earn that bye! We have the Blue Jays number this season. I can easily see them beating the Twins which automatically makes them The Orioles 1st playoff opponent. Of all those Wild Card contenders, I think the Rays and the Astros are the most dangerous. But we've seen from last season that the Orioles are perfectly capable of handling the Astros. Perhaps the Rays give us the most competition of that group.

2 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

We would play the winner of the Astros-Rays series, there is no reseeding. 

Yea that’s what sucks.

You want the 2 seed, not the 1 seed.

Now, the good news is if you win the ALDS, your ALCS opponent will be easier.

Of course, having the advantage of our park would be nice 

7 minutes ago, vab said:

It's a crapshoot, man. The Dodgers absolutely owned the Padres all season last year. They get in a short playoff series and the Padres win. You just get in there and take your chances. 

This. And because of it, the fixation on a World Series crown is kind of like beside the point, or an afterthought, or icing on the cake, after a great season like the Orioles are putting together this year. I'm just as disappointed as the next fan when a great season ('69, '71, '79, '82, '89, '96, '97, '12, '14, '16) ends with a loss. But it shouldn't ruin what is a great ride to get there. Especially these days with such slim odds for every team in the playoff pool.