Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I thought this was a great sign that he was going to be a decent owner because Elias has been a genius.  But no.  Other than Elias John Angelos has made horrible decision after horrible decision.

What other horrible decisions has he made?

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Can’t wait until Roch reports on this story. 😂 

Roch is 60 now with a grandkid and new wife.  He is great guy but no way he is going to risk his job so close to retirement.  I dont blame him.  

But never dismiss that people are not calling him up for information and he might be leaking off the record stuff.  You cant cross the media like this and expect no trouble.  

Edited by Gurgi

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I've heard through a source that his fellow broadcasters and people behind the scenes are furious about this and may take some kind of action. What remains to be scene. 

I would imagine John Agelos does not want to publicly squabble with Orioles legend Jim Palmer and others. 

Really hope they don’t lose McDonald over this.  

ESPN, MLB.com and lots of other National media destroying the O’s for this.

It shouldn’t impact the team but good lord, this is REALLY bad for them. Like, this is the type of blip that could legitimately lead to an undoing. The more media attention, the more anxious I feel about it actually having a negative effect on the team’s performance. 

5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

It seems like there's a whole series of "crackdowns" taking place.  If they're micromanaging what people wear on camera, then you better believe they're doing even more to the people behind camera.

I can't believe Angelos is this stupid.  He's bringing far more negative attention on himself than what he perceives was brought upon him by his media people.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

I dare someone to defend Angelos for this.  I dare you. 

Maybe he thought that, with the Orioles' success on the field, he wasn't keeping up the family legacy of having "Orioles" associated with "laughingstock, " and he felt compelled to renew that connection, which his dad was so good at keeping up. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

"29th in payroll" was the key statement I bet. Nothing like Angelos actually putting out the 29th lowest payroll then getting made when his announcer basically showed how good the team is even with the low payroll.

But Brown never said anything about being 29th in payroll, did he?  Where did you get that from?

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I've heard through a source that his fellow broadcasters and people behind the scenes are furious about this and may take some kind of action. What remains to be scene. 

I would imagine John Agelos does not want to publicly squabble with Orioles legend Jim Palmer and others. 

I wonder if there is anyone that John listens to and respects.  

We're going to be watching every game the rest of the year in a completely different way.  Each game we're going to take note of what the broadcasters are wearing, and listen to everything they say and wonder if it will upset Little John.

Which sucks, because our focus should solely be on the team, winning, and the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Where has Orioles broadcaster Kevin Brown been? Team says he’ll return soon amid reports of a suspension

“We don’t comment on employment decisions, however, Kevin Brown will be back with us in the near future,” the official told The Baltimore Banner.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/kevin-brown-orioles-broadcaster-suspension-tampa-bay-rays-GPALSNKBXNGETJ4OBDKULCH3YQ/

6 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Really hope they don’t lose McDonald over this.  

McDonald seemed to be covering for the Orioles when he tweeted out somethin about it being a full moon and this was nothing but a scheduling issue. That's kind of jacked up if that's what he was doing. Makes me lose a little respect for him if that's what he was talking about when he knows the actual truth. 

Probably would be hard to work with Kevin Brown after covering ownership over this.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

But Brown never said anything about being 29th in payroll, did he?  Where did you get that from?

From that tweet. I do remember hearing that from one of the Orioles announcers lately. Or at least I think so? I don't know.