Arm injury for Bautista?

Sports Guy

13 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

As a percentage we're tied for first.  

Now you're reaching for every scrap. I get it, you made a post and it got fact checked and didn't work out, but you told me to look at ALL the numbers and you didn't even do that. You just made 2 false statements and are now trying to save that. All good, it happens to the best of us here. Folks can't just make vague statements, because you will inevitably be called on it.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder what deals he turned down at the deadline?

My thoughts exactly.

Also I feel like Elias has had this grand plan with the bullpen that would come together toward the end of the season. Cano bounces back as the 8th inning guy, Fuji/Webb emerge for the 7th, Perez/Coulombe become dependable enough as lefties, and Hall/Means/Well come in as cavalry. Probably felt it crumbling when the anchor of it all got hurt.

Awful news for Felix and the team but next man up.

I think TWells likely gets slotted into a backend spot where he and Cano pitch in the most high leverage situations followed by DC then Webb.

Felix’s numbers can’t be replaced but the other guys have now have opportunities to step into bigger roles. Who seizes their chance? Personally I like the idea of DC getting save opportunities. He’s been nails. 

10 minutes ago, Santandah said:

Also. If we're looking for any ray of hope, they put Felix on the 15-day IL, not 60. So MAYBE JUST MAYBE, there's a chance it's just a strain -- or at least they did not see a full tear during initial tests. 

Means absolutely nothing.

Game theory says always put the guy on the lowest DL possible because it's always free to move him to the next one if you need it (i.e. for a 40 man roster spot).   

I would rather not put Yennier in the closer role yet. MASN showed a graphic recently showing how dramatically he has changed his pitch selection/location since the beginning of the season. Which is understandable given that he's a rookie who experienced a ton of success early before the league adjusted. I don't think the ninth inning is an good spot to be tinkering with your approach. Ditto with Fuji. Put a finished product like Danny there for the time being.