Rays series

Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I don’t think that we can say that. The O’s go to Houston for three followed by four at Cleveland. Meanwhile the Rays get the Angels at home for three then three at home against the Jays.

This series is make or break for the O’s. Even taking one game to finish tied in the standings with the Rays (one up in the loss column) doesn’t mean much. After losing two to the Cards the O’s need to split this series with Tampa and it ain’t looking good. Tampa has all of the momentum now.

The six with the Jays don’t scare Tampa. 

Taking the one game to finish tied means a huge amount, when compared to losing all four.

Coming out of the series tied but with the tiebreaker in hand is essentially coming out of the series 1 game up: the Rays would have to beat us by a game the rest of the way in order to win. Coming out of the series down 2 is essentially down 3. At that point the odds are long, but in the first scenario, the odds are 50/50ish. 

And the 6 games against the Jays are certainly significant. After Houston, the O's will finish it up with 10 games against teams already out of it. Doesn't mean they're cupcakes, but you won't be facing as much of a must-win management style. 

53 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Taking the one game to finish tied means a huge amount, when compared to losing all four.

Coming out of the series tied but with the tiebreaker in hand is essentially coming out of the series 1 game up: the Rays would have to beat us by a game the rest of the way in order to win. Coming out of the series down 2 is essentially down 3. At that point the odds are long, but in the first scenario, the odds are 50/50ish. 

Yes, winning one game against the Rays is basically the equiavelent of winning two games. So I agree it's crucial that we win one of the remaining Rays games.

8 hours ago, banks703 said:

They've $#!t the bed this week. Losing the division lead to the team that is chasing you (at home) is awful. I wrote it the other night - Tampa can and likely will take all four of these games and won't look back.

They had a 3.5 game lead with what, under 20 games going into the Cards series? Losing two to the Cardinals was bad enough but to get skull drug by the Rays at your place hurts worse.

GrayRod needs to be a rabid dog tonight or we/the O's can kiss any chance of winning the division goodbye. 

GrayRod bullying the Rays so far tonight is EXACTLY what the O’s needed. This game, right here, is GrayRod’s coming out party. The Ace of the staff/Stopper comes up huge when his team needs him most and damn if the O’s didn’t need him most tonight.  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, banks703 said:

GrayRod bullying the Rays so far tonight is EXACTLY what the O’s needed. This game, right here, is GrayRod’s coming out party. The Ace of the staff/Stopper comes up huge when his team needs him most and damn if the O’s didn’t need him most tonight.  

Let him finish the game. 

Hyde needs to let him finish the game. He’s f’ing dealing. 

I don't imagine Littell tomorrow goes more than once through the order.

They have 3 off days the last 14 calendar days.

The ninja thing for one of the top relievers will be entering the game early.

Rays arms aggression tomorrow I think will fundamentally resemble their deciding Yankees playoff series game against Gerrit.

Four excellent pitchers faced 9, 9, 8 and 7 batters.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TBA/TBA202010090.shtml

27 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I don't imagine Littell tomorrow goes more than once through the order.

They have 3 off days the last 14 calendar days.

The ninja thing for one of the top relievers will be entering the game early.

Rays arms aggression tomorrow I think will fundamentally resemble their deciding Yankees playoff series game against Gerrit.

Four excellent pitchers faced 9, 9, 8 and 7 batters.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TBA/TBA202010090.shtml

In his last two starts Littell went 7.0 IP and 8.0 IP so I don't see why he wouldn't get a chance to go deep if he's going good.

• Upvote 2

I think Ryan O'Hearn played some outstanding defensive 1st base tonight. I really feel that he should be given more credit for his role in supporting Grayson on the mound along with his other teammates on defense.

O'hearn scooped some throws in the dirt to convert them into outs, he was quick on his feet and made a couple of outstanding snags and nearly got a single handed double play. 

I think Ryan O'Hearn deserves alot of credit for his contributions on defense tonight in game 3, as well as his consistent offensive production.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I think Ryan O'Hearn played some outstanding defensive 1st base tonight. I really feel that he should be given more credit for his role in supporting Grayson on the mound along with his other teammates on defense.

O'hearn scooped some throws in the dirt to convert them into outs, he was quick on his feet and made a couple of outstanding snags and nearly got a single handed double play. 

I think Ryan O'Hearn deserves alot of credit for his contributions on defense tonight in game 3, as well as his consistent offensive production.

Who has been discrediting his defense tonight?

11 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

And the 6 games against the Jays are certainly significant. After Houston, the O's will finish it up with 10 games against teams already out of it. Doesn't mean they're cupcakes, but you won't be facing as much of a must-win management style. 

And oddly, Houston has just dropped two in a row to the… Royals… after dropping two of three to the… As.