Lag between Live Audio and Gameday

Idaho_OriolesFan

I'm not aware of a solution. Since audio and video take longer to travel through the interwebs than Gameday updates, I think there will always be a lag. I remember this when I tried to have Gameday open in one browser tab and the game video in another. It's been awhile, but I can't remember how far behind it is, but it seemed substantial.

I did notice the audio and Gameday updated data have a *far longer* lag on my iPhone when I'm busy and can only listen to the radio online call. It may be due to the lack of strength of my phone carrier data (Verizon). I will say that if you are watching the game on MLB-TV and choose the pop-out video option, the Gameday data that's part of the game do stay up to date and you can just bounce back to that tab. I'm talking streaming on a computer or an HDTV screen in this case. I use ExpressVPN for the blackout here in Central NC. 

I have tried MLB-TV on Mac laptops, iPhones, Apple TV (box, not the "channel") and FireTV and as far as just viewing the game and not keeping up with the Gameday data, FireTV is the best format for me (my TV is a FireTV). If I start the game late, it's much easier to fast forward past the commercials and inning breaks. Sometimes if I am way behind and trying to catch up, I even fast forward past the downtime between pitches. However, Gameday on FireTV is only the ball-strike box with pitch placement and the speed and kind of pitch. It does have the spin rate however, which I find pretty cool.

Next best is on a Mac mini through my TV screen using the Firefox browser. The downside there is that it's trickier to skip past commercials (clicking on the inning box doesn't always get me there and I get those canned "Hall of Fame Connection" pieces ad nauseam and MLB Flashbacks.

Third best is through the Apple TV box (there's no VPN available on that, so I can only watch games after they're over via that method since my area is blacked out).