Celebrate the playoff clinch?

Winning_Season

I saw the way they were celebrating. They acted like they had just won the World Series when they really haven't won anything at all yet. Not even the division. That concerns me because it's important for a team to stay hungry, thirsty, and focused.

Psychologically, an event like this can cause a team to be complacent and they have a game tomorrow against the reigning World Series Champions. It seems like a bad idea to me to expend so much energy partying when you still have alot of business that needs to be taken care of.

I'm glad the guys get to be happy and know that they're going to the playoffs. But that's all it is: I ticket into the playoffs. It means nothing if they don't keep playing up to their potential.

The last thing you want is a team coming out flat with 2 weeks remaining in the season during a tight race to win the Division. The difference between winning the #1 seed and just being a wildcard, could be the difference between being eliminated in the 1st Wildcard round, or getting an easy pass into the Division Series.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

I dunno, I was a bit turned off by the partying at first, but I thought it was cool to see. I mean, it took like 4 years to go from absolute worst to (possibly) absolute best. Plus, they were at home today, making it more sweet. I think they’ll be fine. 

What if they didn't win the division? Do they not deserve to celebrate making the playoffs? The Braves celebrated twice despite having 0 chance to not win the division. The players are far less fragile psychologically than 90% of the fans.

• Like 1

The way this is being justified (lots of players haven't had a chance to be in a clubhouse celebration) is almost like Hyde was afraid this would be their only chance to do it. He didn't want to risk waiting for the division title, or for winning a playoff series. That doesn't sound right. But anyways, I am over it. Go win the Houston series and all is good.