Orioles could have 3 picks before the 2nd round

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Does that college hitting 55 “play up” for us considering our success at developing them, and other team’s trying to hit it big on pitching and HS bats?

I’d have no problem with them drafting hitting again early on. Outside of the Cease negotiations, we’ve been able to flip bats for arms on a small scale. 

No idea but you would think a college hitter is definitely one of the first two picks if not both.    

2023 EBJ is kind of a hand in glove Mullins replacement, and if Jordan Westburg thrives as a 3B starter, the Orioles lineup is kind of set almost Atlanta long.

C Adley, 1B Basallo, 2B Holliday, SS Gunnar, 3B Westburg, LF Cowser, CF EBJ, RF Kjerstad/Mayo, DH Mayo/Kjerstad

Beavers and Norby seem like top Next Men Up if somebody busts.     I do believe at least one of Westburg, Cowser or Kjerstad will fail to develop as someone you want to give 500 PA to, but am hopeful the Meat Loaf 2 out of 3 happens.

We'll start to see by the draft who the flimsiest of the above nine are, but I do kind of think the Baumeister trend may accelerate in the next draft or two as college arms from July 2024-25 have a couple few Octobers to be relevant before Adley time runs out.

It won't represent the most long term value, but it will be fun if we ever draft the Gregg Olson/Garrett Crochet/Ben Joyce character and try their 101 six weeks later.

15 hours ago, Just Regular said:

2023 EBJ is kind of a hand in glove Mullins replacement, and if Jordan Westburg thrives as a 3B starter, the Orioles lineup is kind of set almost Atlanta long.

C Adley, 1B Basallo, 2B Holliday, SS Gunnar, 3B Westburg, LF Cowser, CF EBJ, RF Kjerstad/Mayo, DH Mayo/Kjerstad

Beavers and Norby seem like top Next Men Up if somebody busts.     I do believe at least one of Westburg, Cowser or Kjerstad will fail to develop as someone you want to give 500 PA to, but am hopeful the Meat Loaf 2 out of 3 happens.

We'll start to see by the draft who the flimsiest of the above nine are, but I do kind of think the Baumeister trend may accelerate in the next draft or two as college arms from July 2024-25 have a couple few Octobers to be relevant before Adley time runs out.

It won't represent the most long term value, but it will be fun if we ever draft the Gregg Olson/Garrett Crochet/Ben Joyce character and try their 101 six weeks later.

Geez, you’ll get some posters upset by suggesting a 100% home grown lineup.  It can’t be done!   It shouldn’t be done!  😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Geez, you’ll get some posters upset by suggesting a 100% home grown lineup.  It can’t be done!   It shouldn’t be done!  😁

I pretty much only accept Manny Machado from the outside as a Bat who gets to take any of the team's 70000 PA the next 10 years.

Maybe Yordan Alvarez.

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

I pretty much only accept Manny Machado from the outside as a Bat who gets to take any of the team's 70000 PA the next 10 years.

Maybe Yordan Alvarez.

I’m not holding my breath for either!  But Yordan in OPACY would be awesome!

100% homegrown is a stretch “because it’s never been competitive before”.  The homegrown guys currently provide a strong launch point though.

On 2/10/2024 at 7:06 PM, Just Regular said:

This is the goal.  Also, we'll probably have to make a trade similar to the Burnes deal for a SP next offseason.  Keller?  Which is exactly why we could keep going with bats at #22 and #32 in order to replenish the system.