Orioles could have 3 picks before the 2nd round

If Gunnar does indeed win the 2023 AL Rookie of the year, the Orioles could potentially have 3 of the 40 first picks in this upcoming draft. If this happens, I like the chances of Elias drafting at least one player who legitimately elevates towards the top of the Os top 30 prospects. This farm system should become even deeper, if that can be believed

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2023 at 10:00 AM, cnmilton said:

If Gunnar does indeed win the 2023 AL Rookie of the year, the Orioles could potentially have 3 of the 40 first picks in this upcoming draft. If this happens, I like the chances of Elias drafting at least one player who legitimately elevates towards the top of the Os top 30 prospects. This farm system should become even deeper, if that can be believed

I hope all 3 picks would be in the top 30 prospects.  That's an awfully low bar.

17 hours ago, baltfan said:

I don’t see how Gunnar isn’t ROY at this point.   Bibee is out for the season. Casas is an awful fielder.  Yoshida has faded some.  

It’s not just numbers he putting up.  He’s putting out consistent highlights on D and offense in a playoff race.  He’s urging on a show. 

21 hours ago, emmett16 said:

It’s not just numbers he putting up.  He’s putting out consistent highlights on D and offense in a playoff race.  He’s urging on a show. 

100% agree. It's not hyperbole to say that he's the best player on the best team in the American League. That should get him a few MVP votes (obviously not 1st place) on top of a near unanimous ROTY. 

• 2 weeks later...